Christopher C. Kearney
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Christopher C. Kearney is an attorney practicing commercial, contract, intellectual property, professional liability, securities and white collar criminal law. A partner at Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP in San Francisco, California, Mr. Kearney represents a diverse range of clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
With a legal career that has spanned more than 30 years, Mr. Kearney has successfully argued many complex matters before tribunals such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. His clients have included both individuals and major corporations.
Honoring his achievements in the legal profession, “The Best Lawyers in America” has listed Mr. Kearney many years in a row. He is a member of the Order of the Coif and a fellow of the American Bar Foundation and has served as a president and board member of The Bar Association of San Francisco.
Mr. Kearney received a bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia and earned his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law. While in law school, he was the William Minor Lile Moot Court champion. He holds a license to practice law before the California and Virginia state courts and in the District of Columbia.
Earlier in his legal career, Mr. Kearney clerked for a U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia judge and practiced law at private law firms in Washington, D.C., and a major accounting firm. This background provides him with the knowledge, skills and experience to provide the highest quality of legal representation to his clients.
About Christopher C. Kearney
First Admitted: 1985, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.keker.com/Lawyers/Kearney-Christopher
- Plaintiff v. Law Firm
- Plaintiffs v. Microimaging Company
- Venture Capitalist v. Bank
- Silvaco Data Systems v. Toppan Photomasks, Inc.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2010 - Present
- Order of the Coif, University of Virginia
- William Minor Lile Moot Court Champion, University of Virginia
- Board Member, Bar Association of San Francisco, 2007-2013
- President, Bar Association of San Francisco, 2012-2013
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2013-Present
- Washington, D.C.
- University of Virginia, B.S., 1980
Last Updated: 2/22/2022