Christopher D. Sullivan
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaSullivan Blackburn Pratt LLP
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Professional Liability
Licensed in California since: 1990
Christopher D. Sullivan is a managing partner at the firm Sullivan Blackburn Pratt LLP located in San Francisco, California. Representing clients throughout the state and around the country, he focuses his practice on complex civil litigation for both plaintiffs and defendants, handling a variety of cases involving such matters as business and commercial law, intellectual property, bankruptcy, franchising, real estate transactions and professional malpractice in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Sullivan completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, obtaining his Bachelor of Arts in 1985. He thereafter pursued his legal education at the University of California Hastings College of Law in San Francisco. While in law school, he was the editor-in-chief of the Hastings Law Journal.
In 1990, Mr. Sullivan graduated magna cum laude, earning his Juris Doctor. He received Order of the Coif honors because of his academic achievements. After law school, he clerked for a renowned judge at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and then joined private practice. Since then, his client base has included individuals, small businesses and large corporations. His clients have included American Express, 7-Eleven Inc. and American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Mr. Sullivan is authorized to practice in California and before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. He is regularly asked to speak before groups of fellow professionals on topics related to his practice area. An active participant in several professional organizations, he is a member of the Northern District of California Chapter of the Federal Bar Association’s executive committee.
Honored for his impeccable legal services, Mr. Sullivan was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America and was listed on the Top 100 California Lawyers list by Daily Journal. He has served as a mediator at the Northern District of California’s ADR panel.
Mr. Sullivan is the Author of "Litigating and Judging California Business Entity Governance Disputes" in 2020. This handy book provides background information, citations to statutes and decisions, and expert insights on California business governance disputes.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Professional Liability: Plaintiff
- 80% Business Litigation
- 20% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1990, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sullivanblackburn.com/christopher-d-sullivan.htm...
- Borman v. American Honda
- In re Heller Ehrman, LLP
- In re Tri Valley Growers
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Executive Committee Member, Federal Bar Association, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Executive Committee, Bankruptcy Section of the National Federal Bar Association
- Past President, Federal Bar Association, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of California
- Mediator, Northern District of California ADR Panel
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, B.A., 1985
- In re Tri Valley Growers
- Southland, the 7-11 franchisor
- In re Heller Ehrman, LLP
- American Express
- American Honda
- Thurston Society, Top Ten Award, Hastings Law School, 1990
- Top 100 California Lawyers, Daily Journal, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2015
- Northern California Super Lawyer AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2000
- Top 100 California Lawyers, Daily Journal, 2012
- Teaching Fellow, Stanford Law School: Taught Legal Writing and Research as well as an undergraduate class at Stanford, Law and Literature in Society, 1990, 1991
- Editor-in-Chief, Hastings Law Journal, 1989
- Author, Litigating and Judging California Business Entity Governance Disputes, LexisNexis, 2020, Author, Author, Litigating and Judging California Business Entity Governance Disputes, LexisNexis, 2020, Citations, statutes, decisions, and expert insights, Corporates / Business Litigation, 2020
- AICPA Forensic & Valuation Services Conference
- Panelist, Getting Employed and Getting Paid in Bankruptcy Cases, Bar Association San Francisco, 2013
- Presenter, Class Action Litigation & Management Conference, 2013
- The International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWRC)
- Taught Legal Writing and Research as well as an undergraduate class at Stanford, Law and Literature in Society, 1990-1991, Teaching Fellow, Stanford Law School
- Round Table Contributor, Stanford Law School Roundtable, Stanford Center On The Legal Profession And Bentham Capital, 2014
- The California Bankruptcy Forum's Insolvency Conference, 2014
- Speaker, Dealing with Defendants in Bankruptcy, Class Action Litigation & Management Conference, 2013
- Bridgeport Moderator, An Inside View of the Ninth Circuit, 2013
Office location for Christopher D. Sullivan
456 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023