Top rated real estate attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaWolford | Wayne LLP
Practice Areas: Real estate
Licensed in California since: 2011
Education: University of Oregon School of Law
Wolford | Wayne LLP220 Montgomery St
San Francisco, CA 94104 Phone: 415-649-6203 Email: Daniel Wayne Visit website
Daniel Wayne is a partner at Wolford Wayne LLP, a San Francisco based tenant's rights law firm. Daniel and his team are dedicated to representing San Francisco tenants. Daniel has helped his tenant clients recover millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts.
Mr. Wayne represents tenants who have been wrongfully evicted from their homes or forced to move due to a landlord's negligence, harassment, or failure to repair outstanding habitability defects. Unlike some firms that handle landlord/tenant work, Wolford Wayne only represents tenants, never landlords.
Originally from Seattle, Mr. Wayne attended the prestigious liberal arts school Whitman College, in Walla Walla, Washington, where he earned a degree in English. He then attended the University of Oregon for law school before moving to the Bay Area. Since law school Mr. Wayne has dedicated himself to public interest law. At the University of Oregon Mr. Wayne served on the Board for the school's Public Interest Board, and served as an intern with the Oregon Department of Justice's consumer protection division. Upon moving to San Francisco, Mr. Wayne embedded himself in the housing rights community through his work as an intern with the Eviction Defense Collaborative, and litigation contract attorney with the Eviction Defense Center in Oakland.
Daniel continues to be active in the community and is an industry leader in the area of Tenant's Rights Law. Daniel routinely speaks on landlord-tenant issues around San Francisco, writes a column on the tenant perspective for the San Francisco Apartment Association's magazine, and has a column on tenant's rights issues for the popular local website "Broke Ass Stuart."
He is a member of the San Francisco Bar Association, the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, and Tenants Together and the Tenant Lawyer Network. Daniel is also a panel member of the Aids Legal Referral Panel, and volunteers with the San Francisco Tenant Union and Bar Association's Housing Project. In 2018 Daniel was elected to serve on the Executive Committee of the San Francisco Bar Association's Barristers Litigation Section.
Daniel has a rating of 10/10 on Avvo.com, has a five star Yelp rating while being among the most reviewed attorneys in San Francisco, and has been named a Super Lawyers rising star in 2022 for the seventh year in a row.
First Admitted: 2011, California
Professional Webpage: https://wolford-wayne.com/about-us/
- Whitman College, B.A - English, 2005
- Recipient of award given to top 10% of volunteers for BASF's Justice and Diversity Center, Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service, San Francisco Bar Association, 2013
- Award given to top 10% of volunteers, Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service, San Francisco Bar Association, 2014, Outstanding Volunteer, SF Bar Association, 2014
- Award given to top 10% of volunteers, Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service, San Francisco Bar Association, 2012
- Tenant Counselor with the San Francisco Tenant's Union, 2018
- Tenant Counselor with the San Francisco Tenant's Union, 2017
- Tenant Counselor with the San Francisco Tenant's Union, 2019
- Tenant Counselor at the San Francisco Tenants Union, 2014
- Tenant Counselor with the San Francisco Tenant's Union, 2020
- Justice and Diversity Center, Housing Negotiation Project volunteer attorney, 2014
- Justice and Diversity Center, Housing Negotiation Project volunteer, 2015
- Member of San Francisco Bar Association's Litigation Executive Committee, Barristers Section, 2020
- Member of the San Francisco Bar Association's Solo/ Small Firm Executive Committee, Barrister's Section, 2020
- Real Estate Litigation
- Tenant's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2023