David J. Silbert
Top rated business litigation attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaKeker, Van Nest & Peters LLP
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Criminal defense, White collar crimes; view more
Licensed in California since: 1994
Attorney David J. Silbert is a partner at Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP in San Francisco, California. Mr. Silbert practices in the areas of class action, commercial, consumer, contract, intellectual property, securities and white collar criminal law, serving clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Mr. Silbert has over 25 years of legal experience resolving and litigating a diverse range of cases in state and federal courts. Over his career, he has been involved in complex patent and intellectual property litigation, defended law firms against professional malpractice claims and successfully handled various other legal disputes.
In recognition of his legal accomplishments, the Daily Journal has presented Mr. Silbert with several awards over the years, including “California Lawyer of the Year” for intellectual property in 2017 and “Top Defense Verdict” in 2016. He was also listed among the “Top 75 IP Litigators” in the publication in 2011.
“The Best Lawyers in America” has listed Mr. Silbert in its publication many years in a row, IAM Patent 1000 named him one of the “World’s Leading Patent Practitioners” in 2015 and The Legal 500 named him a “Recommended Attorney” in intellectual property in 2011 and 2022.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University, Mr. Silbert graduated magna cum laude from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. He then passed the California bar examination and received his license to practice law before all California state courts. Prior to joining Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP, he served as a clerk for a judge on the U.S. District Court for the District of California.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Criminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar, Intellectual property litigation, Professional liability: defense, Securities & corporate finance
Criminal law, White collar crime, Securities law
- 50% Business litigation
- 10% Criminal defense
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
- 10% Intellectual property litigation
- 10% Professional liability: defense
- 10% Securities & corporate finance
First Admitted: 1994, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.keker.com/Lawyers/Silbert-David
- Summit 6 LLC v. Twitter, Inc.
- Department of Justice v. Major League Baseball Players Association
- United States v. McKesson Corporation
- Televisa v. Univision Communications
- Plaintiff v. Telecommunications Company
- Comcast Cable Communications, LLC v. Finisar Corporation
- Acacia Media Technology v. Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
- VS Technologies LLC v. Twitter Inc.
- United States ex rel. Robert C. Baker v. Community Health Systems, Inc., et al.
- Bascom Research, LLC v. LinkedIn Corporation
- "The State of IP Across Industry Verticals," IP Value Summit, 2015
- California Lawyer of the Year, Intellectual Property, Daily Journal, 2017
- Northern California Super Lawyer, Business Litigation, 2005 - Present
- Recommended Attorney, Intellectual Property - Patent litigation, The Legal 500 U.S., 2011 - 2012
- Winning Profiles: Keker Team Won a $1 Billion Bet for McKesson, National Law Journal, 2013. Defeated a high-stakes false claims act case for McKesson.
- World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, IAM Patent 1000, 2015
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Intellectual Property Litigation and Patent Litigation, 2012 - Present
- Top 75 IP Litigators, The Daily Journal, 2011, 2016
- Top Defense Verdict, The Daily Journal, 2016.
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1990
Office location for David J. Silbert
633 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2007, 2010 - 2023