David L. Blacker
Top rated Family Law attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaDavid Lawrence Blacker Family Law PC
Attorney David L. Blacker is owner of David Lawrence Blacker Family Law PC, a law firm in San Francisco, California. Certified as a specialist in family law from The State Bar of California's Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Blacker has more than 15 years of legal experience assisting clients throughout the San Francisco Bay region and surrounding areas who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
Through his family law practice, Mr. Blacker primarily handles high-asset divorce cases, and he has gained a reputation for his ability to handle complex issues pertaining to business valuations, paternity, custody and all other divorce-related matters. He also serves on the board of the Association of the Family and Conciliation Courts' California Chapter, and he is the co-founder and president of the Center for Separating and Divorcing Families.
Among his other professional affiliations, Mr. Blacker is a member of the American Bar Association and The State Bar of California's Family Law Section, among others, and he serves as a volunteer settlement conference master in San Francisco Superior Court. A leader in his field, he also teaches courses on family law and divorce at the University of San Francisco Law School and the Institute for Paralegal Education. He also regularly volunteers his time and services to those less fortunate in his community.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Blacker has earned many top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his area during a very difficult and uncertain time in their lives.
A graduate of Columbia University, Mr. Blacker obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 2005, and he is admitted to practice before all California state courts.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Paternity, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2005, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.blackerfamilylaw.com/
- California, 2005
- American Bar Association
- Founding member, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council of the California Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC-CA), 2020
- President and co-founder, Center for Separating and Divorcing Families, San Francisco
- Board Member, California Chapter of the Association of the Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Family Law Section
- Settlement Master, San Francisco Superior Court, 2014 - Present
- Attorney for the Day, San Francisco Superior Court
- Coach, Thurgood Marshall High School Mock Trial Program, San Francisco, CA, 2012 - 2016
- Columbia University, European History, With Honors, 1991
- Panelist, "Divorce Cases from Start to Finish for Paralegals," Institute for Paralegal Education, 2013
- University of San Francisco Law School
- Panelist, "Legal Writing Tips: Judge, Attorney and Paralegal Viewpoints," Bar Association of San Francisco, 2016
- Panelist, "Family Law Disclosure Forms: The Ins and Outs," Bar Association of San Francisco, 2016
- Guest Lecturer, Community Property, Prof. Tim Iglesias, University of San Francisco Law School, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Family Law, California Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
- Center For Separating And Divorcing Families
- San Francisco
Office location for David L. Blacker
58 W Portal Ave
San Francisco, CA 94127
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
Certificates and credentials