Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Eugene Paige is a partner at Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP. He handles complex civil litigation on behalf of its clients in San Francisco, California, and he has tried more than a dozen civil cases in federal and state courts. He served as the lead attorney on most of these cases and had astounding results for his clients. Most of the cases he works on fall into the categories of antitrust, contract law, commercial law and intellectual property.
Mr. Paige graduated magna cum laude from Rice University in 1995. Three years later, he obtained his Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School, again graduating magna cum laude. While in college, he held prestigious clerkship positions under Hon. Alex Kozinski of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and Hon. Anthony M. Kennedy at the U.S. Supreme Court. He has been licensed to practice in California since 1999. His additional court admissions include the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the District of Columbia.
Over the past few decades, Mr. Paige has defended his clients against not just other companies but also the Federal Trade Commission. He has successfully defended Qualcomm in several cases and also defended Google against Oracle. In recognition of his achievements, from 2012 to the present, he has ranked among The Best Lawyers in America for intellectual property and patent litigation.
Mr. Paige is passionate about sharing his knowledge with others. He has authored several publications and led presentations on matters related to patents, trademarks and academic freedom.
- 80%Intellectual Property Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
Articles about Eugene Paige appearing in Super Lawyers
About Eugene Paige
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.keker.com/Lawyers/Paige-Eugene
- Federal Trade Commission v. Qualcomm
- Venture Capital Firm v. Music Publishing Group
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company v. Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation
- Plaintiff v. Semiconductor Company
- Plaintiff v. Bank
- MedImmune, Inc. v. Genentech, Inc.
- Law Firm v. Former Client
- Internet Subscription Service v. Competitor
- Apple Inc. v. HTC Corp
- Eastman Kodak Co. v. HTC Corp.
- Prolifiq Software Inc. v. Veeva Systems
- Oracle America, Inc. v. Google Inc.
- NVIDIA Corporation v. Qualcomm Inc.
- In Re: Qualcomm Antitrust Litigation
- Executive Editor, Harvard Law Review
- "What is That Patent Really Worth? Courts Take a Hard Look at the "Reasonable Royalty" Calculation," 13th Annual Silicon Valley Advanced Patent Law Institute, 2012
- "Best Practices for Litigating and Managing Disputes Under the AIA," Thomson Reuters, 2012
- "Kirtsaeng v. John Wiley & Sons: The Supreme Court Takes a Second Look at the ‘First Sale’ Doctrine,” Westlaw Journal Software Law, 2013
- "Patent Law Before the Supreme Court in 2014," Daily Journal & Thomson Reuters Patent Disputes Forum, 2014
- "Do the Metes and Bounds of Patent Claims Limit Academic Freedom?," Intellectual Property Today, 2014
- "Staging a Multi-front Patent War," Intellectual Property Today, 2014
- "Comparative Patent Litigation: Germany Versus the United States," Berkeley Center for Law & Technology and the Stanford Program in Law, Science and Technology's Advanced Patent Law Institute, 2015
- "Cuozzo Speed Technologies v. Lee: Supreme Court Clears the Way for the PTAB to Continue Its Practices in Inter Partes Review Proceedings," PLI, 2016
- "TC Heartland LLC v. Kraft Foods Group Brands LLC: Nationwide Venue in Patent Infringement Actions Is No More," PLI, 2017
- "SAS and Oil States: How Much Has the PTAB Game Changed?," PLI, 2018
- "Thryv, Inc. v. Click-To-Call Technologies, LP: Supreme Court Broadens the Bar on Appeals of Inter Partes Review Institution Decisions," PLI, 2020
- "The Latest on SEP/FRAND: Managing IP in Standardized Technologies," Federal Circuit Bar Association Bench & Bar Conference, 2020
- “United States v. Arthrex: Supreme Court Holds That the Buck Must Stop with the Director of the Patent and Trademark Office,” PLI, 2021
- California Lawyer of the Year, Intellectual Property, Daily Journal, 2017
- Super Lawyers for Intellectual Property Litigation, 2014 - Present
- The Best Lawyers in America for Intellectual Property and Patent Litigation, 2012 - Present
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- District of Columbia
- Rice University, BA, magna cum laude, 1995
Last Updated: 5/15/2022