Top rated Insurance Coverage attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaSawyer & Labar LLP
Practice Areas: Insurance Coverage, Employment Litigation, Business Litigation
Licensed in California since: 1999
Ivo Labar is a partner at Sawyer & Labar LLP, where he handles matters involving business litigation, insurance policyholder rights, and employment disputes.
Ivo has successfully prevailed in numerous jury trials in state and federal court, including obtaining the largest punitive damages award in the Northern District of California in more than 10 years.
Mr. Labar earned a Bachelor of Science and graduated with honors from the California Maritime Academy. He then attended the University of California Hastings College of the Law, graduating with honors and a Juris Doctor in 1999. He served as law clerk for the Hon. Charles Legge in the Northern District of California.
Today, Mr. Labar lectures at law schools and spent years as a contributing editor to legal publications. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Central and Northern Districts of California, the Supreme Court of California and all state courts.
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sawyerlabar.com/attorneys
- Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2021, Super Lawyers
- Wadler v. Bio-Rad, Case No. 3:15-cv-02356-JCS
- California Association Of Public Insurance Adjusters (“CAPIA”), General Counsel
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters - Affiliate Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Supreme Court of California / California State Courts
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California.
- Lecturer, Civil Procedure and First Amendment Law
- Mr. Labar Ivo is a contributing editor to The Rutter Group’s best selling Practice Guide Federal Civil Procedure Before Trial http://www.ruttergroup.com, the preeminent treatise covering litigation in federal courts., Contributing editor, Federal Civil Procedure Before Trial , The Rutter Group
- "Evidence in a Facebook World: Social Media and Electronic Documents," Presenter, Practising Law Institute Program on California Trial Evidence, 2013
- ReelLawyers.com, Video Presenter, Civil Litigation Q & A
- Federal Civil Procedure Before Trial, Lexis-Nexis, 2017
- Regularly lectures at law schools in the Bay Area on new developments in civil procedure and First Amendment law
- Graduated with honors from the California Maritime Academy with a B.S. in Marine Transportation and a U.S.C.G. Third Mates License
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023