J. Kevin Morrison
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Partner at Altair Law, J. Kevin Morrison has nearly three decades of experience representing those who have been seriously harmed by the negligence of another. He handles cases in Northern California and throughout the state and focuses on cases of car accidents, big rig and truck crashes, rideshare accidents, pedestrian injuries, bicycle accidents, construction site accidents, defective products and mass shootings.
A member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Mr. Morrison has experience in trying cases from Los Angeles to San Francisco. He was lead trial counsel in a lawsuit brought by over 50 plaintiffs arising out of the UPS mass shooting in San Francisco. In another recent case, in a partial settlement, he achieved a $6.75 million result for three adult children for the wrongful death of their father who was killed riding his bicycle; the case will go to trial against the non-settling defendants later his year. In another case, his motorcyclist client received a $6 million settlement.
A graduate of Bucknell University with a degree in economics, Mr. Morrison earned a Juris Doctor from Albany Law School. In addition to his membership in ABOTA where he is an officer and sits on its Executive Committee, he is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Consumer Attorneys of California, and the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Morrison has extensive trial experience but the vast majority of his clients' cases settle due to his and his team's extensive and thorough workup. Experienced in working with a long list of medical and technical experts, he leaves no stone unturned in his quest for compensation for clients who have been injured. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
Articles about J. Kevin Morrison appearing in Super Lawyers
About J. Kevin Morrison
First Admitted: 1992, California
Professional Webpage: https://altairlaw.us/j-kevin-morrison/
- Super Lawyers, Northern California, 2010 - Present
- ABOTA, SF Chapter, elected to membership in 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated, 2000 - Present
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Former Member of Board of Governors, Consumer Attorneys of California
- Member, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- National Board Representative and Member of Executive Committee, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), SF Chapter
- Member, Consumer Attorneys of California
- Member: American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), San Francisco chapter, 2013
- Former Member of Board of Directors, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Bucknell University, Degree in Economics, 1988
- California Court of Appeal, Browne v. Turner Construction Co., 127 Cal.App.4th 1334, 2005 California Court of Appeal, Haniff v. Superior Court, 9 Cal.App.5th 191, 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022