Jeffrey S. Sloan
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaWorkplace Legal, A Professional Law Corporation
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 1991
Education: University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law
Workplace Legal, A Professional Law Corporation870 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94102 Visit website
Jeffrey represents high-level executives, professionals, and businesses of all types and sizes in complex labor, employment, and HR matters. In his litigation practice, Jeffrey appears before state and federal courts, the California Labor Commissioner, and private arbitrators and mediators in single- and multi-plaintiff cases involving wage and hour, PAGA, wrongful termination, breach of contract, employee privacy, Equal Pay Act, retaliation/whistleblower, and discrimination and harassment claims. In his advice-and-counsel practice, Jeffrey provides daily guidance to clients across California on all areas of HR and employment law, from creating compliant HR infrastructures to drafting executive employment agreements to advising on difficult employee disability and discipline/termination issues to conducting sensitive executive severance negotiations.
Jeffrey is the Managing Shareholder of Workplace Legal, APLC. Prior to founding Workplace Legal, Jeffrey was an Equity Partner at the international law firm Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP where he was a member of the Labor & Employment Law Group. Prior to that, Jeffrey was Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Sloan Pratt LLP, a labor and employment law boutique in San Francisco, and an Associate Attorney in the international law firm Heller Ehrman LLP’s litigation practice.
Jeffrey holds the most prestigious “AV Preeminent” peer-review ranking in labor and employment law from Martindale, a "Best Lawyers" selection in the field of employment litigation, and many other national awards and recognitions. A frequent author and speaker on HR and employment law issues, Jeffrey has appeared in numerous publications and has presented before trade groups, conferences, professional associations, and corporations.
Jeffrey is licensed to appear before the California Supreme Court and all state and federal courts in California. He is a graduate of Stanford University (A.B.), UCLA School of Law (J.D.), and Cornell University (M.M.H.).
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employer, Employment Litigation: Defense, Employment & Labor: Employee, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Wrongful Termination
- 40% Employment & Labor: Employer
- 40% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1991, California
Professional Webpage: https://workplacelegalpc.com/team/jeffrey-s-sloan/
- Member, Labor & Employment Law Section of the California Lawyers Association
- Stanford University (A.B. "With Distinction"), 1988
- Cornell University (M.M.H), 2006
- In 2018, Jeffrey was voted a “Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment Law” by American Lawyer magazine, Corporate Counsel magazine, and the National Law Journal., "Top Rated Lawyer", American Lawyer Magazine, 2018
- Jeffrey holds the most prestigious “AV Preeminent" ranking in labor and employment law, confirming that other lawyers and judges rank him at the very highest level of legal knowledge, experience, judgment, and overall professional excellence within the field. This is the highest rating that can be conferred upon an individual attorney, and very few attorneys can claim it., "AV Preeminent" Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- Jeffrey was selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2020-2021 "Best Lawyers in America" in the field of Employment Law Litigation., "Best Lawyers" Selection in Employment Law Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Professional Services
Office location for Jeffrey S. Sloan
870 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94102
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023