June P. Bashant
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in San Francisco, CA
- Free Consultation
June P. Bashant, a partner with Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn, is a civil litigation trial lawyer, specializing in the areas of wrongful death, catastrophic injury, and consumer protection. Ms. Bashant is committed to using her experience to expertly represent clients, and to make personal recommendations unique to each case. For the past 22 years June has represented individuals regarding safety and protecting the security of families.
Most recently, in 2018, Ms. Bashant and her partner John Feder recovered $20 million for the wrongful death of a young professional who was exposed to a dangerous virus while on vacation. In 2017, Ms. Bashant recovered $3.7 million in a hit and run automobile collision where her client was thrown from his motor scooter and suffered severe debilitating injuries requiring extensive hospitalization and rehabilitation. And, in 2016, she obtained a $2,000,000 million settlement in a wrongful death case involving a 78-year-old pedestrian lawfully crossing in a crosswalk when she was hit by a truck.
Ms. Bashant's practice includes wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases occurring in the workplace, on the highways, or caused by unsafe conditions of premises, substandard medical care, elder abuse, and defective products such as pharmaceuticals or medical devices. June's work on behalf of her clients has resulted in improved safety standards and consumer protections.
Ms. Bashant's professional organizations include the American Bar Association, American Association of Justice (AAJ), Consumer Attorneys of California, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, the American Business Women’s Association, Queen's Bench, and the Contra Costa Bar Association.
Committed to sharing her knowledge and experience, Ms. Bashant has written for various professional publications. In 2010, her article “Networking for Women 101” was published in The Trial Lawyer magazine, and in 2012, her article “Craft a Plan for Jury Selection” was published in Trial Magazine.
Between 2016 and 2018, Ms. Bashant has spoken on several panels regarding the glass ceiling, negotiating strategies for women, and mediation.
About June P. Bashant
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.rftmlaw.com/attorney-profiles/june-p-bashant/
- $400,000 arbitration award Newborn boy dies following mother’s diabetes complications: Mother Doe v. Hospital FACTS Mother Doe, in her early 20s, was scheduled for an induction of labor on her due date representing 40 completed weeks of pregnancy.LEGAL THEORIES AND STRATEGIES - RFTM argued that Hospital's doctors failed to meet the standard of care because they failed to deliver her baby by 39 completed weeks in light of her Type 1, Class C, insulin dependent diabetic status. CASE RESULT - $400,000 arbitration result. The arbitrator agreed that Hospital failed to secure an informed consent to proceed to 40 weeks of pregnancy and awarded $250,000 to the parents for the wrongful death of Baby Doe and $150,000 to Mother Doe for negligent infliction of emotional distress.
- J.D., cum laude, Widener University School of Law
- B.A., St. Mary's College of Maryland, 1991
- Craft a Plan for Jury Selection, Trial Magazine, 2012
- Combining technology and storytelling to convey trial themes., Presenter, How to Show and Tell and your Case for the Jury, Western Trial Lawyers Conference, 2019
- Networking for Women 101, The Trial Lawyer, 2010
- Western Trial Lawyers Association speaker; How to show and tell your case to a jury., 2019
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Committee Secretary; 2014
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Business Women's Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Women's Caucus Chair; 2009-2010
- Queen's Bench
- American Inns of Court
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Membership Committee Chair; 2011 - Current
- State Bar of California
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Parliamentarian, 2013
- American Bar Association
- Congratulations to Cynthia McGuinn on being named 2022 CAL-ABOTA Trial Lawyer of the Year! https://t.co/pRQm9nB5HR
- When should seniors stop driving? Read here. https://t.co/uJ5FtwHtw7
- Our success in advocating for our San Francisco clients has again resulted in rankings by U.S. News – Best Lawyers®… https://t.co/1sBgFrNHQB
- At Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn, we’re pleased to share that 5 of our lawyers were selected to 2020 Super Lawyers… https://t.co/O5Gj3muIVl
- With over $500 million won for our clients, Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn is often recognized by legal media organi… https://t.co/1UNiEpdgi2
Last Updated: 5/15/2022