June P. Bashant
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaRouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn
June P. Bashant, a partner with Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn, is a civil litigation trial lawyer, specializing in the areas of wrongful death, catastrophic injury, and consumer protection. Ms. Bashant is committed to using her experience to expertly litigate, and to make personal recommendations unique to resolving cases. For the past 23 years, June has represented individuals regarding wrongful death, product safety, and protecting the security of families.
Most recently, in 2022, Ms. Bashant recovered $15 million in a catastrophic injury case where her clients were injured by a reckless driver. Also, in 2022, Ms. Bashant negotiated a seven figure settlement for a young mother who was struck by a personal transport vehicle. And, in 2021, Ms. Bashant obtained a seven figure settlement against an online retail giant who placed a dangerous product in the stream of commerce. In addition to the monetary settlement for her client, the product was removed from the market. Ms. Bashant consistently obtains seven figure settlements in catastrophic injury cases involving cyclists, pedestrians, and injuries that have occurred on dangerous properties.
Ms. Bashant's practice includes wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases occurring in the workplace, on the highways, or caused by unsafe conditions of premises, substandard medical care, elder abuse, and defective products such as pharmaceuticals or medical devices. June's work on behalf of her clients has resulted in improved safety standards and consumer protections.
Ms. Bashant's professional organizations include the American Bar Association, American Association of Justice (AAJ), Consumer Attorneys of California, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, the American Business Women’s Association, Queen's Bench, and the Contra Costa Bar Association.
Committed to sharing her knowledge and experience, Ms. Bashant has written for various professional publications. In 2010, her article “Networking for Women 101” was published in The Trial Lawyer magazine, and in 2012, her article “Craft a Plan for Jury Selection” was published in Trial Magazine.
Between 2016 and 2022, Ms. Bashant has spoken on several panels and at conferences regarding the glass ceiling, negotiating strategies for women, mediation, negotiation, and strategies for presenting evidence at trial. Ms. Bashan has also mentored law students and participated in teaching a summer law program to law students in the bay area.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.rftmlaw.com/attorney-profiles/june-p-bashant/
- J.D., cum laude, Widener University School of Law
- B.A., St. Mary's College of Maryland, 1991
- Craft a Plan for Jury Selection, Trial Magazine, 2012
- Combining technology and storytelling to convey trial themes., Presenter, How to Show and Tell and your Case for the Jury, Western Trial Lawyers Conference, 2019
- Networking for Women 101, The Trial Lawyer, 2010
- $400,000 arbitration award Newborn boy dies following mother’s diabetes complications: Mother Doe v. Hospital FACTS Mother Doe, in her early 20s, was scheduled for an induction of labor on her due date representing 40 completed weeks of pregnancy.LEGAL THEORIES AND STRATEGIES - RFTM argued that Hospital's doctors failed to meet the standard of care because they failed to deliver her baby by 39 completed weeks in light of her Type 1, Class C, insulin dependent diabetic status. CASE RESULT - $400,000 arbitration result. The arbitrator agreed that Hospital failed to secure an informed consent to proceed to 40 weeks of pregnancy and awarded $250,000 to the parents for the wrongful death of Baby Doe and $150,000 to Mother Doe for negligent infliction of emotional distress., 2014
- Negotiated a seven figure settlement in a wrongful death case involving gun violence that resulted from a security violation. , 2020
- Negotiated a seven figure settlement when her client was burned by a dangerous product. , 2021
- Negotiated a seven figure settlement when a pedestrian was struck by a personal transport vehicle., 2022
- Negotiated an eight figure settlement resulting from a catastrophic auto collision., 2022
- Western Trial Lawyers Association speaker; How to show and tell your case to a jury., 2019
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Committee Secretary; 2014
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Business Women's Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Women's Caucus Chair; 2009-2010
- Queen's Bench
- American Inns of Court
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Membership Committee Chair; 2011 - Current
- State Bar of California
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Parliamentarian, 2013
- American Bar Association
Office location for June P. Bashant
44 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023