Top rated family law attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaMoradi Saslaw LLP
Kiana protects her clients in high asset divorces and contested custody cases so that they can transition to a more hopeful chapter in their lives.
Expert Background Tailored for High Stakes Divorce and Custody Matters
- In her twenty years of legal practice, Kiana has negotiated and litigated the full spectrum of disputes that occur in financially sophisticated divorces and contested custody cases.
- Kiana graduated Cornell Law School with a concentration in business law.
- She was a business litigator at Reed Smith LLP prior to finding her passion in family law.
- She has a B.A in psychology from UC Berkeley and has taken countless negotiation trainings at Harvard Law School and other esteemed schools.
- As a child of divorce herself, Kiana’s personal mission is to navigate clients towards their post-divorce lives with dignity, respect, and fairness.
Kiana’s unique background enables her to understand complex business issues, the un-spoken emotions behind them, and find productive, creative solutions in the division of marital estates. She has established a professional reputation for discreetness, thoroughness, strategic thinking, loyalty, and dedication to client service. She has been consistently included as one of Northern California’s “Super Lawyers” since 2010.
Experienced and Knowledgeable Family Law Litigator and Negotiator
Kiana handles cases that range from complex financial issues and extensive marital estates to high-conflict custody matters. Adept at negotiating resolutions and aggressively pursuing litigated outcomes, she also handles straightforward family law cases, pre-and post-marital agreements, and mediated settlements as consulting counsel.
Kiana has expertise in working with employees and entrepreneurs of companies of all sizes, from early-stage through IPO. She has ample experience with all types of assets including founders’ shares, restricted stock, stock options, carried interest, general and limited and partnership interests, real estate developments, professional practices, real estate developments, restaurants, bars, and intellectual property such as royalties.
Kiana also specializes in contested custody disputes. She has also obtained several successful results for her clients in move-away/relocation disputes. She also represents clients in pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Additionally, she will act as consulting counsel to divorce mediation.
Choosing the Right Forum and Bringing in the Best Team
With each case, Kiana finds it essential to determine the most advantageous forum for the client, whether it is through out-of-court settlement, consulting counsel in mediation, private judges, or strategic litigation. When appropriate, she strategizes with her tailored network of outside consultants including forensic accountants, wealth managers, estate planners, corporate counsel, custody experts, therapists, and others. Kiana aims not only to help her clients achieve favorable results in their divorce, she is committed to setting them up for their happier lives post-divorce.
While she is not traveling much these days, Kiana has been to about 50 countries, and loves learning about new cultures. These days, when not working, she spends her time with her family, friends, and beloved dog.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2002, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.moradisaslaw.com/kiana-moradi/
- Licensed to practice in California and all federal courts in California (Northern District, Southern District, Central and Eastern Districts)
- Chair, San Francisco Bar Association Barristers, Family Law Section, 2010-2013
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Barristers and Family Law Sections
- San Francisco County Bar Association - Barristers and Family Law Sections
- Spark, provided legal apprenticeship for adolescent mentee, 2012, http://sparkprogram.org/
- Full Circle Fund, Education Circle, Leadership Committee, www.fullcirclefund.org, 2007-1010
- UBS Private Wealth Management, Family Law Basics for Financial Professionals, September 15, 2009, www.ubs.com
- Wealth Tax Advisory Services, Family Law Basics for Financial Professionals, August 17, 2009., www.wtas.com
- Family Law Solo Practice: Starting and Making It Last, Bar Association of San Francisco,April 28, 2009., www.sfbar.org
- Goodwill in the Legal and Medical Profession: How This Asset Can Be Divided And Valued In Your Divorce, Bar Association, June 3, 2008
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. in Psychology, with Distinction, 1999
- Harvard Law School, Advanced Negotiation Workshop, 2017
Office location for Kiana Moradi
50 California St
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2014