Top Rated Family Law Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2014
While Shelters in Place are mandated for COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us via telephone or through video conferencing.
Kiana Moradi is a founding partner of Moradi Saslaw LLP, with offices in San Francisco, San Mateo, and Oakland. She has eighteen years of achieving successful outcomes for clients through negotiated agreements, mediation and litigation. Her practice is 100% focused on family law. She represents clients throughout the Bay Area (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, East Bay and Contra Costa), on substantive matters including the following:
(2) asset and debt division,
(3) spousal support (sometimes referred to as alimony),
(4) child support,
(7) move-away (relocation) disputes,
(8) prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements ("pre-nups and "post-nups").
She counsels her clients in these areas through three different processes:
(1) problem-solving strategy of settlement,
(2) results-oriented, cost effective litigation, and
(3) coaching clients going through the mediation process.
After graduating with distinction from the University of California, Berkeley, with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology, Ms. Moradi went on to receive her Juris Doctorate with a concentration in business from Cornell Law School. Before founding Moradi Saslaw LLP, she was an associate at two well-known law firms in the Bay Area, where she obtained valuable experience as a business litigator first, and then second, in managing and litigating high-asset divorce cases involving complex valuation, property division and custody issues.
Ms. Moradi is well-acquainted with alternative dispute resolution techniques and is able to provide assistance throughout the process. She will strive to negotiate a reasonable settlement whenever possible, but has and will vigorously represent her clients in court when necessary. She is particularly suited to litigation, coming from a business litigation background at a large law firm.
In every case, she will present a cost/benefit analysis to her clients so that they can make informed, educations decisions about process. She also specializes in contested custody disputes. In custody and visitation matters, she advises on parenting plans best suited for the client and the client’s family, often working with psychologists that specialize in divorcing couples. She is particularly proud of providing many clients the tools and education to become better co-parents post-divorce. She has also obtained several successful results for her clients in move-away/reloaction disputes.
Ms. Moradi works with a variety of clients, including but not limited to private equity partners, tech entrepreneurs, stay-at-home parents, salaried employees, business owners, and restaurant and bar owners.
Ms. Moradi is active in her local bar associations, where she previously served as chair of the San Francisco Family Law Section, Barristers Club. She is often called upon to share her insights by giving presentations to financial advisory and planning organizations such as UBS Private Wealth Management, Andersen Tax, and the Bar Assocation of San Francisco.
When she’s not helping her clients, you can find her out in nature biking, hiking, or simply spending time with her family, friends, and puppy. As a lifelong learner, Kiana is always taking some sort of adult class and in the middle of a good book.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2014
About Kiana Moradi
First Admitted: 2002, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.moradisaslaw.com/kiana-moradi/
- Licensed to practice in California and all federal courts in California (Northern District, Southern District, Central and Eastern Districts)
- Chair, San Francisco Bar Association Barristers, Family Law Section, 2010-2013
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Barristers and Family Law Sections
- San Francisco County Bar Association - Barristers and Family Law Sections
Pro bono/Community Service
- Spark, provided legal apprenticeship for adolescent mentee, 2012, http://sparkprogram.org/
- Full Circle Fund, Education Circle, Leadership Committee, www.fullcirclefund.org, 2007-1010
- UBS Private Wealth Management, Family Law Basics for Financial Professionals, September 15, 2009, www.ubs.com
- Wealth Tax Advisory Services, Family Law Basics for Financial Professionals, August 17, 2009., www.wtas.com
- Family Law Solo Practice: Starting and Making It Last, Bar Association of San Francisco,April 28, 2009., www.sfbar.org
- Goodwill in the Legal and Medical Profession: How This Asset Can Be Divided And Valued In Your Divorce, Bar Association, June 3, 2008
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. in Psychology, with Distinction, 1999
- Harvard Law School, Advanced Negotiation Workshop, 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022