Kimberly E. Lewellen
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016
- Free Consultation
Full time offices: 50 Osgood Place, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94133; 555 Capital Mall, Suite 440, Sacramento CA 95814
Kimberly is a founding partner of the law firm Lewellen | Strebe | Hopper P.C., a practice focused exclusively on family law. She is a trial attorney and mediator who specializes in matters involving high conflict parties and challenging legal issues in complex family law litigation. Kimberly is certified as a family law specialist by the State Bar of California.
Kimberly has dedicated her practice to advising clients in garden variety divorces to individuals involved in high-stakes, complex financial and custody matters. With deep experience in complex family law litigation and premarital agreements, Kimberly helps her clients navigate challenging circumstances to achieve successful outcomes. She understands the need to keep sensitive family matters private and that the most successful outcome is a negotiated settlement in a discrete manner.
Kimberly concentrates her practice in all areas of matrimonial and family law, including divorce, separation, paternity, custody, domestic abuse, and premarital, post-marital, and marital settlement agreements. She has established strong relationships with some of the State's best experts on family law matters. She regularly leads a team of these experts to help her clients obtain the best possible outcomes in their situation.
For clients who choose to proceed with their family matter in mediation with full document process services for filing and service, Lewellen | Strebe offers below market rates for the purpose of encouraging settlement in a neutral and supportive environment. This benefit for parties who hire her as a mediator applies to the case no matter the net worth or income levels of the parties. Lewellen | Strebe has an in-house forensic accountant who is also a mediator. For mediations involving financial issues, Kimberly and George co-mediate on cases that may require advanced financial analysis. This service stems from the firm's core value of serving others and wanting to help them in a time of great need regardless of their financial circumstances.
Kimberly is admitted to practice in California state courts and all federal U.S. District Courts in California.
We have two full-time offices in San Francisco and Sacramento.
Secondary office in Redwood City.
Primary Counties Served: San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Santa Clara.
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About Kimberly E. Lewellen
First Admitted: 2006, California
Professional Webpage: https://lsfamilylawfirm.com/
- State Bar of California, United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, United States District Court for the Northern District of California, United States District Court for the Central District of California, United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Member, Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Member, San Francisco Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, San Francisco AAML Mentor Group, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers., 2013
- Executive Committee Member, San Francisco Lawyer's Club, American Inns of Court., 2013
- Member, Schwartz Levi Inn of Court, U.C. Davis chapter, American Inns of Court., 2010
- President, San Francisco Law Foundation, Charitable arm of the Sacramento County Bar Association., 2008
- Presentation for artists about how marriage affects rights to their work, and how to protect exclusivity under the state's community property regime., Presenter, Family Law for Artists, California Lawyers For The Arts, 2013
- This was an indepth CLE on premarital agreements for family law attorneys., Presenter, Preparing and Litigating Pre-Nuptial Agreements, Family Law, 2018
- Seminar on father's rights, custody, and divorce., Lead Co-Presenter with Theresita Perez, Divorce School 101, Family Law, 2017
- This was a seminar on father's rights, custody, and divorce., Lead Co-Presenter with Joseph Cordell and Scott Trout, Divorce School 101, Family Law, 2014
Pro bono/Community Service
- Mediation Panel, California Lawyers for the Arts, providing mediation services in the area of family law, to low income artists in the San Francisco Bay Area., 2013
- Board Member, WINGS MAP, a non-profit that provides after school child care and martial arts education.
- "Modern Master's of America," Operation Protect & Defend, Chair and Co-Creator with the Honorable Judy Hersher., 2010
- December 2016 Issue., Outstanding Young Women Lawyers , San Francisco Magazine , 2016
- Member of the law school's society for students in the top 20% of the class for multiple years., Roger J. Traynor Honor Society, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Excellence in academia and leadership skills for the recipient's graduating law school class., Scholarship & Leadership Award, ALI & ABA, 2005
- Honor for excellence in written advocacy for an international law appellate brief in the law school's international advocacy class., High Honors in Written Advocacy Award, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2004
- CA Board Certified Family Law Specialist, 2018
- Certificate, Family Law Mediation, Forrest Mosten Mediation, Beverley Hills, CA, 2013
- Commercial Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Venture Capital
Last Updated: 5/15/2022