Leo L. Lam
Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in San Francisco, CA
A partner at Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP in San Francisco, California, Leo L. Lam serves clients throughout California and provides them with dedicated and sound legal services. He focuses his practice on intellectual property matters and has immense experience handling involving trade secrets, copyrights and trademarks.
As an electrical engineer, Mr. Lam has extensive experience handling patent cases throughout the nation. He provides practical and goal-oriented solutions and strategies for his clients and keeps their best interests in the forefront. He is a zealous and aggressive advocate for the rights of his clients.
Mr. Lam has a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from the University of California. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School. He is admitted to practice in the states of California and New York.
Actively engaged in the legal community, Mr. Lam is a member of the American Bar Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Bar Association of San Francisco and the New York State Bar Association.
For his impeccable legal contributions, Mr. Lam has been named to the Leading Lawyer list by Legal 500 and included on the Future Star list by Benchmark Litigation. He has been selected for inclusion on The Best Lawyers in America list in property litigation for 10 years in a row. Mr. Lam is also AV Preeminent peer review-rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale Hubbell.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Leo L. Lam
First Admitted: 1994
Professional Webpage: https://www.keker.com/Lawyers/Lam-Leo
- "Recent Developments Regarding Induced Infringement, Damages and Injunctive Relief," Daily Journal & Thomson Reuters Patent Disputes Forum, 2014
- Leading Lawyer, Legal 500
- Super Lawyer, Intellectual Property Litigation, Business Litigation, General Litigation, 2006 - present
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Future Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2010 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Intellectual Property Litigation, 2012 - present
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.S.E.E., 1988
Last Updated: 2/17/2022