Marc T. Cefalu
Top rated General Litigation attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaCox Wootton Lerner Griffin & Hansen LLP
Attorney Marc T. Cefalu is partner with Cox, Wootton, Lerner, Griffin, Hansen & Poulos, LLP, law firm and works primarily out of the firm's law office in San Francisco, California; however, he also represents clients throughout Los Angeles at the firm's Los Angeles location. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 20 years of legal experience, Mr. Cefalu provides exceptional representation and support to those who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Civil litigation
· Business and finance
· Hospitality law
· Real estate law
· Employment law
· Maritime law
· Consumer protection
· Creditor rights
Throughout the course of his legal career, Mr. Cefalu has handled a variety of complex, high-stakes legal issues for a diverse range of commercial clients in various industries. Along with maintaining a successful trial practice, he also provides invaluable transactional support for a host of matters along with delivering indispensable counsel regarding his clients' regulatory compliance, business operations and other needs. Having once worked on a commercial fishing boat, he has extensive experience with maritime law and the regulations that govern this industry.
Moreover, Mr. Cefalu has handled matters involving asset-based financing, as well as security interests and other related issues. He has also become a recognized leader in defending and enforcing creditors' rights and interests in bankruptcy proceedings, as well as lender liability issues. He also has handled numerous matters involving commercial leasing and real estate transactions, mortgages and other related areas.
A 1996 graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara, Mr. Cefalu attended Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1999. While there, he served as editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review and completed an externship with the Honorable Samuel L. Bufford of the United States Bankruptcy Court. He is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Court in California, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
A leader in his field, Mr. Cefalu has written extensively on a variety of legal topics, and he has published a number of articles and newsletters involving maritime and transport law for the International Bar Association Legal Practice Division. He is an active member of the Maritime Law Association of the United States, as well as other local, state and national legal organizations.
Practice areasGeneral Litigation, Banking, Transportation/Maritime, Business Litigation
Admiralty & Maritime Law, Litigation, Transportation Law
- 30% General Litigation
- 30% Banking
- 30% Transportation/Maritime
- 10% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://cwlfirm.com/members/marc-t-cefalu/
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- All Federal District Courts in California
- State Bar of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
- Co-author, Insurance for Diving Contractors, Underwater Magazine, September/October 2001, 100-01.
- Co-author, Diving Contractors Be Aware: Another Wrinkle in “Seaman Status,” Underwater Magazine, November/December 2002, 46.
- Speaker, Underwater Intervention, February 10-13, 2003, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Speaker, Western Fishboat Owners’ Association Annual Meeting, March 2004, Reno, Nevada.
- Author, Consumer Protection for Pleasure Craft Purchasers in California, the U.S., and Beyond in an Ever-Expanding World Economy, Maritime and Transport Law Newsletter, International Bar Association Legal Practice Division, Vol. 14, No. 1, May 2007.
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1996
Office location for Marc T. Cefalu
900 Front Street, Suite 350
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2015, 2019 - 2023