Top rated Family Law attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaCardwell Steigerwald Young LLP
A partner at the law firm of Cardwell Steigerwald Young LLP in San Francisco, California, Michelle Steigerwald is an accomplished attorney and negotiator with over 20 years of legal experience. She represents clients throughout the state of California. Her areas of practice include but are not limited to:
· Property division
· Spousal support
· Child support
· Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
Licensed to practice law in California since 1998, Ms. Steigerwald started her career as a civil litigator and worked at several reputed law firms before establishing her firm. In 2007, she began focusing her practice solely on family law. She has earned a reputation for her knowledge and professionalism and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
After graduating from Northern Arizona University with a bachelor’s degree in psychology, Ms. Steigerwald earned her Juris Doctor from Golden Gate University in California. She was honored by being listed as a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for Torts.
Ms. Steigerwald often counsels clients who are eager to resolve matters pertaining to family law through the process of mediation but will fight it out in court whenever it is necessary. Her diligence and dedication while working on any case, whether inside or outside the courtroom, have earned her the respect of her colleagues and former clients. She serves as a fierce and tireless advocate for their rights and best interests.
Ms. Steigerwald is a member of several legal organizations such as The State Bar of California, the California Lawyers Association and the Family Law Sections of The Bar Association of San Francisco, the San Mateo County Bar Association and the Marin County Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Marital Property, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.csyfamilylaw.com/michelle-steigerwald/
- Northern Arizona University, B.A., Psychology, 1992
- American Jurisprudence Award for Torts
- California Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Mateo, Family Law
- State Bar of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Family Law
- San Francisco’s Superior Court’s Settlement Master Panel
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Volunteers as Attorney of the Day for the San Francisco County Unified Family Court law and motion calendar and the One Day Divorce Program in San Mateo County Superior Court
Office location for Michelle Steigerwald
140 Geary St
San Francisco, CA 94108
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023