Nicholas S. Goldberg
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2019 - 2020
Attorney Nicholas Goldberg is a partner with the Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP law firm in San Francisco, California. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 11 years of total legal experience, Mr. Goldberg provides exceptional counsel and support to a diverse range of clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Contracts and commercial transactions and litigation
- Intellectual property
- Professional liability
- White collar criminal defense
Through his civil practice, Mr. Goldberg has handled many complex, high-stakes commercial transactions for his clients, and he has represented a broad clientele, including startups, Fortune 500 companies, government entities and more. He has also litigated civil matters in state and federal courts, and he has extensive experience handling appeals and arbitrations.
As a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Goldberg has represented the rights and liberties of companies and their executives in government and internal investigations, and he has successfully defended his clients against charges of securities fraud, anti-competitive conduct, insider trading and other serious matters.
In honor of his remarkable professionalism and service, Mr. Goldberg has earned the 2018 California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year Award from the Daily Journal. The magazine also named him in its list of the Top Plaintiffs' Verdict by Dollar. He has also received many other accolades and endorsements from his peers as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2005 magna cum laude graduate of Brown University, Mr. Goldberg attended the University of California, Berkley, School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2010. He holds his license to practice in Washington, D.C., as well as in California, and he is an active member of various local, state and national legal organizations.
About Nicholas S. Goldberg
First Admitted: 2010, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.keker.com/Lawyers/Goldberg-Nicholas
- Reviewing 2019's White Collar Cases And Controversies, Law360, 2020, co-authored with Brook Dooley, Eric MacMichael, and Cecily Harris, https://www.keker.com/Templates/media/files/Articles/Reviewing%202019's%20White%20Collar%20Cases%20And%20Controversies%20-%20Law360.pdf
- "White Collar Crime and Securities Enforcement: 2015 in Review," Bloomberg BNA White Collar Crime Report, 2016, co-authored with Brook Dooley and Eric MacMichael , https://www.keker.com/Templates/media/files/Articles/WC_White%20Collar%202015%20Year%20in%20Review_Bloomberg_2016.pdf
- "White Collar Crime and Securities Enforcement: 2016 in Review," Bloomberg BNA White Collar Crime Report, 2017, co-authored with Brook Dooley and Eric MacMichael, https://www.keker.com/Templates/media/files/PDfs/KVP%20Dooley-MacMichael-Golberg%20-%20BNA%20White%20Collar%20Crime%20Report%20-%2002_03_17.pdf
- "The Road to Hell: The Case Against Solitary Confinement," NACDL's The Champion, March 2017, co-authored with Dan Jackson, https://www.keker.com/Templates/media/files/Articles/The%20Road%20to%20Hell%20-%20The%20Case%20Against%20Solitary%20Confinement.pdf
- "White Collar Crime and Securities Enforcement: 2017 in Review," Bloomberg BNA White Collar Crime Report, 2018, co-authored with Brook Dooley, Eric MacMichael, and Cecily Harris, https://www.keker.com/Templates/media/files/Articles/Keker2017YearReviewPublishWCR.PDF
- CoStar v. CREXi
- San Diego County Water Authority v. Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Plaintiff v. Law Firm
- County of Santa Clara v. Trump et al.
- CEO v. Co-Founder and Investor
- United States v. Christopher Lischewski
- United States v. Executive
- In re: Xyrem Antitrust Litigation
- Washington, D.C.
- Brown University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2005
- California Lawyer of the Year, Daily Journal, 2018
- Prosser Prize, Local Government Law
- Advocacy Award, Written & Oral Advocacy
- Top Plaintiff's Verdict by Dollar, The Daily Journal
Last Updated: 2/17/2022