Patrick T. Freeman
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Patrick T. Freeman is an associate at the San Francisco office of Valle Makoff LLP. He handles complex civil litigation for people and businesses throughout California.
Mr. Freeman has handled a variety of cases and has represented both plaintiffs and defendants at the trial and appellate levels. His experience includes contested corporate and LLC disputes and dissolutions ("business divorces"), “Marvin” claims between unmarried partners, contract breaches, business torts, compensation agreement disputes, and complex asset division and breach of fiduciary duty claims in divorce proceedings. In addition, Mr. Freeman has extensive experience in discovery practice and motions both before and during trials.
Mr. Freeman received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. While he was there, he was a member of the Hastings Law Journal and a judicial extern for a judge on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at Berkeley. Mr. Freeman is admitted to practice before all California state courts, He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the Federal Circuit.
- The law and practice of litigating Marvin claims in a less-married millennium (2020) - The future is unmarried but entangled – fewer couples are getting married and more unmarried couples acquire property, pursue business, help and support each other and pool assets and efforts to create often-complex, financially-intertwined lives. California’s elaborate Family Code and case law determine property rights between married persons based on community property. But what happens when unmarried couples make financial deals during their relationship? In a less-married millennium, disputes between unmarried partners are more common than ever and may arise during their lifetimes or upon a partner’s death. This is an increasingly important, ascendant area of California civil and probate litigation.
About Patrick T. Freeman
First Admitted: 2015, California
Professional Webpage: http://vallemakoff.com/attorneys/patrick-t-freeman/
- Editor, Hastings Law Journal, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- , CALI Excellence Awards in Legal Writing and Research and Cyber Law, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- , Mediator, Civil Justice Mediation Clinic, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- University of California, Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts degrees in Psychology and Rhetoric in 2009
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- State Bar of California, Member
Last Updated: 5/15/2022