R. James Slaughter
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Francisco, CA
R. James Slaughter is an attorney and partner at Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP in San Francisco, California. Mr. Slaughter practices in the areas of class actions, commercial, consumer, contract, intellectual property, professional liability and white collar criminal law, serving clients throughout San Francisco.
Mr. Slaughter has over 20 years of legal experience and provides exceptional and committed legal representation to his clients. Over the course of his legal career, he has successfully represented individuals, corporations and nonprofit organizations in complex cases involving a diverse range of legal issues.
In honor of his legal ability and accomplishments, “The Best Lawyers in America” has listed Mr. Slaughter in its publication for many years in a row. Additionally, in 2011, The Legal 500 included him on its “Recommended Attorney” list for litigation.
A leader within his local community, Mr. Slaughter serves on the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco board of trustees and the Reading Partners board of directors. He is a former member of the San Francisco Police Commission and contributes a portion of his time to pro bono cases.
In 1991, Mr. Slaughter received a bachelor's degree from Yale University. He earned his law degree from Yale Law School in 1997. Following law school, he spent a year as a clerk for a U.S. District Court for the Central District of California judge, followed by another year clerking for a judge sitting on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. He holds a license to practice law before all California state courts.
About R. James Slaughter
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.keker.com/Lawyers/Slaughter-R-James
- Michael E. Davis, et al. v. Electronic Arts Inc.
- Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Justice and Shareholders v. Former Chief Executive Officer
- United States v. Former Chief Executive Officer
- Activision v. Double Fine Productions
- Televisa v. Univision Communications
- AIME v. The Regents of the University of California
- Dillinger LLC v. Electronic Arts Inc.
- Plaintiff v. Law Firm
- Financial Institution v. Law Firm
- Keller v. Electronic Arts Inc. et al
- Susan Koret v. The Koret Foundation Board of Directors
- United States ex rel. Landis v. Tailwind Sports, et al.
- Cotter, et al. v. Lyft, Inc.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Legal Malpractice, 2012 - present
- Recommended Attorney, Litigation - Leading Trial Lawyers, The Legal 500 U.S., 2011
- Yale College, A.B., 1991
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco Board of Directors, Reading Partners
- Electronic Arts; Univision Communications
- San Francisco Police Commission; Legal Services for Children Board of Directors
- Former Member, San Francisco Police Commission
Last Updated: 2/23/2022