Robert E. White
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in San Francisco, CA
After 30 years of operation as a sole proprietor, I merged my practice with Skootsky & Der, LLP on February 1, 2021. While Skootsky & Der, LLP's practice is focused on Probate and Estate Law, including probate litigation, I will continue my civil litigation practice there in addition to assisting the firm in its probate litigation cases. The description that follows was prepared prior to the merger. My practice combines a sophisticated general and appellate litigation practice with the ability to litigate efficiently against recalcitrant debtors in complex creditors' rights scenarios. This includes attachments, appeals, fraudulent transfer litigation, alter ego claims, and creditors' representation in bankruptcy. This is in addition to the more typical tasks involved in enforcement of judgments (foreign, interstate, and domestic). My civil litigation and appellate work augments the collection practice and vice versa. I have often served as associated collection counsel in addition to off-record consulting. I have also served as an expert witness in the areas of collection malpractice defense, attorneys' fee disputes, and complex creditors' rights scenarios. While this posting focuses on creditors rights, I have had a general civil litigation practice including litigation in such areas as commercial business litigation, insurance coverage and bad faith cases, and real property litigation.
About Robert E. White
First Admitted: 1977, California
Professional Webpage: http://skootskyder.com/rewhite.html
Pro bono/Community Service
- Former President, member of the Board of Directors and General Counsel, Congregation Beth Sholom (San Francisco); current member of operating board of the Mission Minyan (San Francisco).
- State Bar of California, American Bar Association.
- Member, State Bar of California, State Bar of Nevada (inactive), U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals (9th Circuit), U.S. District Courts, Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California, U.S. Claims Court, United States Court of Appeals (Federal Circuit).
- A.B., History, Great Distinction in General Scholarship, University of California, Berkeley., 1974
- J.D., Boalt Hall School of Law (Berkeley Law), University of California Berkeley., 1977
- Remote Sensing Evidence & Environmental Law, 64 Calif. Law Review 1300 (1976) , Co-author, Co-author (with Professor Howard A. Lattin and Gary W. Tannehill, Esq.), California Law Review, 1976
- Taught a course in Remedies, Foreclosures & Workouts in the Walter H. and Dorothy B. diamond Graduate Program in International Tax & Financial Servces (two semesters)., Instructor, Adjunct Professor, 2011
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Stanley A. Weigel, Law Clerk, United States District Court Northern District of California, 1977
- Elected co-Head Research Editor and Member of the Editorial Board, California Law Review (1976), Research Editor, California Law Review, 1976
- Highest grade in First Year Real Property course., Am Jur Award -- Property, American Jurisprudence (Bancroft Whitney & Co.), 1975
- Creditors Rights
Last Updated: 5/15/2022