Sarah R. London
Top rated Class Action & Mass Torts attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaLieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
Practice Areas: Class Action & Mass Torts, Products Liability
Licensed in California since: 2009
In February of 2020, Sarah was appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in the Gilead HIV Drug Kidney & Bone Injuries Litigation. In December of 2019, she was appointed to serve as Co-Lead Counsel and Liaison Counsel for plaintiffs in the nationwide multidistrict Juul e-cigarette fraud and injury litigation. In September of 2019, Sarah was appointed by Judge Judith E. Levy to serve as Subclass Settlement Counsel in In re Flint Water Cases, the federal class action lawsuit seeking justice for the over 100,000 residents of Flint, Michigan who were exposed to seriously elevated levels of lead as a result of insufficient water treatment.
Sarah also serves in lead roles in women’s health cases, including work as court-appointed Liaison Counsel and Interim Class Counsel in the federal class action filed on behalf of families in May 2018 against San Francisco’s Pacific Fertility Center over the Center’s March 2018 allegedly negligent destruction of hundreds of frozen eggs and embryos as a result of a leak in a cryogenic storage tank. Sarah also served in a leadership role in successful litigation recovering millions of dollars on behalf of women who suffered serious injuries due to complications from allegedly defective trans-vaginal surgical mesh.
Sarah has been directly involved in several recent California environmental disaster cases, including litigation against Plains All American Pipeline arising out of the 2015 oil spill in Santa Barbara, and two important class action cases on behalf of homeowners and businesses that suffered economic injuries in the wake of the massive Porter Ranch gas leak, which began in October of 2015 and lasted into February of 2016.
A Super Lawyers Rising Star for eight consecutive years and 2015 finalist for the Consumer Attorneys of California Streetfighter of the Year Award, Sarah has held multiple leadership positions in CAOC, including her current position on the Board of Directors. In September 2019, Sarah was appointed Chair of the Resource Board of the National Association of Women Judges.
First Admitted: 2009, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.lieffcabraser.com/attorneys/sarah-r-london/
- Selected for inclusion by peers in The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of “Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiffs,” 2017-2024; “Lawdragon 500 X – The Next Generation,” Lawdragon, 2023; “Super Lawyer for Northern California,” Super Lawyers, 2020-2023; “Leading Commercial Litigators,” Daily Journal, 2023; “Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America,” Lawdragon, 2022, 2023; “Top Women Lawyers in California,” Daily Journal, 2021, 2022; “California Trailblazer,” The Recorder, 2020; “40 and Under Hot List,” Benchmark Litigation, 2018, 2020; “Rising Star for Northern California,” Super Lawyers, 2012 – 2019, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein
- Speaker, “Reputation Laundering: Expert Testimony on Corporate Pseudo Responsibility,” American Association for Justice Annual Convention, July 2023; Panelist, “Diversity in MDL Leadership Appointments,” Western Alliance Bank Class Action Law Forum, December 2021; Speaker, “Mass Tort Or Class Action: Choosing Your Adventure, ” 60th Annual Consumer Attorneys of California Convention, November 2021; Moderator, “How the Courts Can Promote Equity in the Legal Profession,” National Association of Women Judges Midyear Meeting, April 2021; Speaker, “Testing The Test Case: Developments in JUUL and TDF Cases,” Consumer Attorneys of California Sonoma Virtual Seminar, March 2021; Speaker, “Mass Tort and Products Update – Big Cases and Big Developments,” ABA Environmental & Energy, Mass Torts and Products Liability Litigation Committee’s Joint Virtual Regional CLE Program, January 2021; Speaker, “Trial Lawyer Power Hour: Courtroom Fundamentals on How to Run, Block, Pass and Tackle,” 59th Annual Consumer Attorneys of California Virtual Convention, November 2020; Speaker, “Trial Skills Quick Hits,” Consumer Attorneys of California Sonoma Travel Seminar, March 2020; Speaker, “Breakout Session: Juul Injury litigation,” and “Pay Equity for Female Lawyers,” Mass Torts Made Perfect Conference,” October 2019; Speaker, “Harmful Effects Of JUUL: An Overview of Nicotine Addiction Science and Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Effects,” HarrisMartin’s JUUL, E-Cigarettes & Vaping Conference: Emerging Litigation and Liability Theories Agenda, September 2019; Speaker, “Everything You Want to Know About Mass Torts (But Are too Afraid to Ask),” American Association for Justice Annual Mass Torts Seminar, June 2019; Speaker, “Notable Recent & Pending Cases in the 9th Circuit and SCOTUS,” Bridgeport Class Action Litigation and Management Conference, May 2019; Speaker, “Preparing Fact Witnesses for Trial,” Bridgeport Consumer Class Action Litigation Conference, November 2018; Speaker, “Preparing for Trial,” Consumer Attorneys of California Convention, November 2018; Moderator and Speaker, “1st Day of Trial,” San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, February 2017; Speaker, “Trial Focused Discovery, or Best Practices in Preparing Your Client for Deposition,” Consumer Attorneys of California Trial Arts Seminar, December 2016; Moderator, “Real Talk About Trial Experiences,” Consumer Attorneys of California Convention, November 2016; Speaker, “Trial Skills, Trial-Focused Discovery: What You Need and How to Use It,” ABA Women in Products Liability, November 2016; Speaker, “Why Aren’t More Female Lawyers Making it to Trial?” San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association Women’s Caucus, January 2016
- American Association for Justice (Executive Committee Member, Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts, 2016); Consumer Attorneys of California (Executive Committee Member, Parliamentarian, 2023; Board of Directors, 2012-2013; 2018-present); Consumer Attorneys of California, Leadership Academy, 2017; National Association of Women Judges (NAWJ), Co-Chair, Resource Board, 2019; San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association; State Bar of California; The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, B.A. (Cum Laude) – 2002
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2019