Top rated Real Estate attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaZacks & Freedman, PC
Practice Areas: Real Estate, Civil Litigation view more
Licensed in California since: 2005
Education: Santa Clara University School of Law
Zacks & Freedman, PC601 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111 Phone: 415-906-3733 Email: Scott Freedman Visit website
Shareholder at Zacks, Freedman & Patterson, PC, Scott Freedman handles legal issues related to co-ownership disputes, business litigation, landlord-tenant law and real estate litigation. For individuals who desire to stay out of the courtroom and the litigation process, he also offers alternative dispute resolution in the San Francisco Bay area and through all Northern California. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
In 2000, Mr. Freedman graduated from Tulane University with a Bachelor of Arts in political science as a member of the Tulane Honors Program. After that, he attended the Santa Clara University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2005 and was a member of the Santa Clara Law Review. He helped author the CEB guide to landlord-tenant practice and is a member of The Bar Association of San Francisco.
Although he understands the benefits of mediation and is a skilled negotiator, Mr. Freedman is prepared to take a case to court, if necessary, to obtain a favorable result for his clients. He is admitted to practice in the state of California and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. To give back to his community, he is involved with the Volunteer Legal Services Program and has been for over a decade.
An engaging lecturer, Mr. Freedman has presented to the Continuing Education of the Bar, California and the San Francisco Apartment Association and published a comment in the Santa Clara Law Review. Throughout his career, he has represented contractors, landlords, prospective owners, managers and property owners in matters of construction, purchase-sale, boundary, co-ownership and neighbor disputes.
Practice areasReal Estate: Consumer, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense, Construction Litigation: Consumer, Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 2005, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.zfplaw.com/About/Scott-A-Freedman.shtml
- Law Review: Santa Clara Law Review, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2003 - 2005
- Volunteer Legal Services Program, 2005 - Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member, 2005 - Present
- In 2000, Scott Freedman graduated with Honors from Tulane University, earning his Bachelor's Degree in Political Science. , 2000
- While in law school, Scott published a comment in the Santa Clara Law Review regarding the attempts by former Ohio State standout Maurice Clarett to enter the NFL after only one year in college. Author, An End-Run Around Antitrust Law: The Second Circuit’s Blanket Application of the Non-Statutory Labor Exemption in Clarett v. NFL, Santa Clara Law Review, 2004
- Contributing author, CEB guide to Landlord/Tenant Practice
- Scott Freedman taught a class for SFAA entitled "Nuisance Tenants" on 11/8/18, Teacher, Nuisance Tenants, San Francisco Apartment Association, 2018
- Scott Freedman taught a class for SFAA entitled "Dealing with Nuisance Tenants Class" on 6/27/18, Teacher, Dealing with Nuisance Tenants Class, San Francisco Apartment Association, 2018
- Scott Freedman taught a class for SFAA titled "Tenant-Occupied Properties" on 5/10/18, Teacher, Tenant-Occupied Properties Class, San Francisco Apartment Association, 2018
- Scott Freedman is an annual contributing author to the CEB Guide to Landlord/Tenant Practice, Contributing Author, CEB Guide to Landlord/Tenant Practice , CEB Guide to Landlord/Tenant Practice , 2018
- Scott Freedman was a speaker for a program for CEB where he presented an MCLE course about effectively representing a landlord or tenant in an unlawful detainer action. The program discussed the stages of unlawful detainer litigation, from termination notices through trial and writ of possession for tips on preparing pleadings, litigation strategies for unlawful detainer trials, rent control, short-term rentals, and other issues unique to unlawful detainer practice. Speaker, Unlawful Detainer Actions, Continuing Education of the Bar - California, https://ceb.com/unlawful-detainer-actions, 2016
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2019