Solomon B. Cera
Top rated Securities Litigation attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaCera LLP
Practice Areas: Securities Litigation, Antitrust Litigation, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 1981
Education: University of San Francisco School of Law
Cera LLP201 California St
San Francisco, CA 94111 Visit website
Attorney Solomon B. Cera is the managing partner with the Cera LLP law firm in San Francisco, California. Serving a diverse range of clients across the country, Mr. Cera devotes his practice to securities litigation, antitrust litigation, corporate governance, consumer class actions and whistleblower litigation.
An attorney for over 30 years, Mr. Cera has achieved unprecedented success aggressively fighting on behalf of the rights and interests of those he has served, using his vast knowledge of the law and extensive experience in complex litigation to help recover substantial settlements and awards for his plaintiff clients.
Of note, he served as lead counsel in a three-year antitrust price fixing litigation class action, where he helped recover over $163.5 million for hundreds of businesses. Early in his career, he led a securities fraud class action against an oil and gas partnership, recovering more than $33 million on behalf of thousands of investors.
A 1978 graduate of Pomona College, Mr. Cera attended the University of San Francisco School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1981. While in law school, he received the American Jurisprudence award for his exceptional academic achievements in corporations law, and he also served as a member of the moot court competition team, receiving an award for best oral advocate.
In 1981, The State Bar of California admitted him to practice, and he is also admitted to practice before numerous federal courts across the nation, including the U.S. Supreme Court. Along with his membership with The State Bar of California, Mr. Cera is also active with the American Bar Association, the National Association of Securities and Commercial Law Attorneys and the American Association for Justice.
In recognition for his impeccable professional ethics and extraordinary legal abilities, Mr. Cera holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasSecurities Litigation, Antitrust Litigation, Business Litigation
Antitrust & Trade Litigation
- 40% Securities Litigation
- 40% Antitrust Litigation
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1981, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.cerallp.com/solomon-cera/
- Member, American Bar Association
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Member, American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member, State Bar of California
- National Association of Securities and Commercial Law Attorneys
- Pomona College, Claremont, California, Bachelor of Arts, 1978
- Walmart Stores Colorado Workers Compensation Litigation ($8 million) (Denver, Colorado)
- Rubber Chemicals Antitrust Litigation ($320 million recovered) (San Francisco, California)
- Titanium Dioxide Antitrust Litigation, No. 10-318 RDB (D. Md.)
- Peregrine Systems, Inc. Securities Litigation ($117 million) (San Diego, California)
- Methionine Antitrust Litigation ($107 million recovered) (San Francisco, California)
- EPDM Antitrust Litigation ($99.3 million recovered) (Bridgeport, Connecticut)
- Polyester Staple Antitrust Litigation ($63.5 million recovered) (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- CR Antitrust Litigation ($62 million recovered) (Bridgeport, Connecticut)
- Nucorp Energy Securities Litigation ($54 million recovered) (San Diego, California)
- Hedged Investment Assoc. Securities Litigation ($50 million recovered) (Denver, Colorado)
- First Capital Holdings Securities Litigation ($47.5 million recovered) (Los Angeles, California)
- Plastic Additives Antitrust Litigation ($46.8 million recovered) (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- High Pressure Laminates Antitrust Litigation ($40.5 million recovered) (New York, New York)
- Sonus Securities Litigation ($40 million recovered) (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Tronox, Inc. Securities Litigation ($37 million) (New York)
- Organic Peroxide Antitrust Litigation ($37 million recovered) (Washington, D.C.)
- NBR Antitrust Litigation ($35 million recovered) (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- CBT Group PLC Securities Litigation ($32 million recovered) (San Jose, California)
- Rent-Way Securities Litigation ($30 million recovered) (Erie, Pennsylvania)
- Sun Microsystems Securities Litigation ($30 million recovered) (San Jose, California)
- Consolidated Capital Securities Litigation ($29.5 million recovered) (San Francisco, California)
- HPL Technologies, Inc. Securities Litigation ($25.5 million recovered) (San Francisco, California)
- Diasonics Securities Litigation ($25 million recovered) (San Jose, California)
- Carbon Black Antitrust Litigation ($20 million recovered) (Boston, Massachusetts)
- MCAA Antitrust Litigation ($15.6 million recovered) (Washington, D.C.)
- Textainer Securities Litigation ($10 million recovered) (San Francisco, California)
- Roberts v. Heim, No. 84-8069 TEH (N.D. Cal.) ($33 million recovered) (San Francisco, California)
Office location for Solomon B. Cera
201 California St
San Francisco, CA 94111
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2008, 2015 - 2023