Steven A. Kronenberg
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaThe Veen Firm
Steven A. Kronenberg is an attorney with The Veen Firm. Mr. Kronenberg's practice focuses on three areas.
• Catastrophic Injury: representing victims and their families who suffered from construction and industrial injuries, defective products, dangerous premises, governmental or public entity liability, truck collisions, car crashes, bike accidents, and professional negligence. He also has a nice practice representing people who sustained injury from food allergens or pathogens and workers who used defective food processing equipment. Mr. Kronenberg has nearly 20 years of experience litigating cases from their inception through trial and appeal.
• Consumer Protection: litigating food fraud and false advertising class actions. Mr. Kronenberg works to hold these companies accountable for violating federal and state laws.
• Employee Rights: helping workers who have endured wage and hour violations, wage theft, tip skimming, discrimination, retaliation, or wrongful termination.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff, Food and Drugs, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2001, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.veenfirm.com/attorney/steven-a-kronenberg/
- University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology (Honors Major), 1995
- Interview re: food safety and food fraud risk management, Interview on RFID Network, 2012
- KTVU reporter Tom Vacar interview re: personal injury liability for donated food and food poisoning of 18 people and deaths of three people after eating at a church-sponsored Thanksgiving feast in Antioch, California, Interview Re: Thanksgiving 2016 Food Poisoning Tragedy in Antioch, CA, 2016
- Nutrition Facts Labeling, www.packagingstrategies.com/blogs/14-packaging-strategies-blog/post/85152-nutrition-facts-labeling, 2012
- Issues presented in litigating bicycle injury cases against public entities, Author, Bike Crashes Due To A Dangerous Roadway Or Trail Condition, Plaintiff Magazine, 2021
- Strict-products-liability claims can help you hold more defendants accountable for your client’s injuries. Even in a relatively simple vehicle collision case, considering whether a product manufacturer shares responsibility for the target defendant’s conduct can pay substantial dividends if you put in the work to develop supporting facts., author, Strict-Products-Liability Claims can Help you Hold More Defendants Responsible, Plaintiff Magazine, Litigation, 2020
- Social-media research is among the least expensive, broadest, and most detailed methods to identify information to prove your case, impeach defendants’ credibility, and tailor your arguments to the jury. This article provides some guidelines for how to collect and leverage information with under-utilized sources from pre-litigation through trial., author, Using Social Media to Build and Protect Your Case, Plaintiff Magazine, Litigation, 2019
- Opinion article re: gig-economy food delivery companies' attempts to classify workers as independent contractors and contract out of liability for third-party injuries, author, Gagging on Gig-Economy Food Delivery, Plaintiff Magazine, 2017
- Tip of the Iceberg: Tip Skimming is an Underreported Problem, plaintiffmagazine.com/Jun16/Kronenberg_Tip-of-the-iceberg_Tip-skimming-is-an-underreported-problem_Plaintiff-magazine.pdf, 2016
- Food Safety: Records Help Identify Target Defendants and Trigger Insurance Coverage, www.plaintiffmagazine.com/Aug15/Kronenberg_Food-safety_Records-help-indentify-target-defendants-and-trigger-insurance-coverage_Plaintiff-magazine.pdf, 2015
- Food Processing - A Dangerous Place to Work, www.plaintiffmagazine.com/Aug14/Kronenberg_Food-processing_A-dangerous-place-to-work_Plaintiff-article.pdf, 2014
- Interviewed in Bloomberg Businessweek: "Rotten Tomatoes: Farmers Pay the Price for a False Food-Safety Warning", www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-09-29/tomato-farmers-pay-the-price-for-fdas-false-salmonella-warning, 2014
- Food Allergy Risk Management: More Customers, Less Liability, www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15378020.2012.652017#.Vem9JpdExNs, 2012
- Food Law - "Natural" Food and Artificial Injustice, www.plaintiffmagazine.com/Aug13/Kronenberg_Natural-food-and-artificial-injustice_Plaintiff-article.pdf, 2013
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) - Board of Governors 12/1/16 to 11/30/2018; member, 2015-present., 2016
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (SFTLA) - member, 2014 - present.
- Food Law Professional Development Group, International Association for Food Protection, member 2010-2012.
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), member, 2015 - present.
- ISO 22000/TC34 (Management Systems for Food Safety), Technical Advisory Group member, 2011-2012.
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) - member of Legislative Committee, 2016; member, 2015 - 2017
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, member, 2015., 2015
- Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers' Association (ACCTLA), member, 2015 - present.
- $6.75 million settlement of wrongful death claim -- commercial truck collided with student riding bike to school. Settlement included payments from driver, general contractor that hired driver, and GPS company that directed truck to drive unlawfully on restricted street., 2019
- $8.5 million settlement of catastrophic injury claim arising from defective inspection of rusted catwalk., 2019
- $10 Million potential value class action settlement to repair Mercedes Benz Sprinter Van roof air conditioner leaks. Digby Adler Group LLC v. Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, case no. 14-cv-0239-TEH (co-counsel with Chavez & Gertler LLP), 2016
- Defective Design and Inspection of Shoring and Formwork Causes Catastrophic Construction Collapse (Confidential Settlement). Plaintiffs 1 and 2 settled their claims for $1,687,500 and $3,375,000, 2014
- Tenant who suffered catastrophic injuries from defectively-installed toilet resolves action against landlord and property owner for $1,550,000, 2017
- Ladder in Highway Causes Catastrophic Car Accident, settled for $1,250,000, 2014
- Selected for inclusion in list of top 100 Northern California plaintiffs' attorneys., Civil Plaintiff Top 100, Northern California, https://thenationaltriallawyers.org/profile-view/Steven/Kronenberg/27026/, 2021
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers, 2022, Best Lawyers, 2022, https://www.bestlawyers.com/Search?query=steven%20kronenberg, 2022
- AV Preeminent Rating, 2016-present, Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, 2016-Present, https://www.martindale.com/attorney/steven-a-kronenberg-168370622/, 2022
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers, 2021., Best Lawyers, https://www.bestlawyers.com/Search?query=steven%20kronenberg, 2021
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers for 2021, 2021
- bike collisions
- building collapses
- Food Industry
- truck collisions
- Workplace Injuries
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023