Steven K. Taylor
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2013
Steven K. Taylor has served as the managing partner at Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP, since 2013. He is a top business litigation attorney for financial entities in San Francisco and works on a wide range of cases. His California caseload includes contract and commercial law, intellectual property, white collar crime, securities and professional liability. He has tried cases in federal and state courts and also handles private mediations and arbitrations.
Mr. Taylor was first licensed to practice in California in 1999. Prior to this, he completed his Bachelor of Arts at Dartmouth College and graduated cum laude. He then completed his law degree at the University of Michigan Law School, again graduating cum laude, and clerked for Judge Samuel Conti of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. It didn't take long for him to earn the respect of his peers and recognition from leading publications. Just one of several honors, from 2012 to the present, he has been listed on The Best Lawyers in America for Intellectual Property Litigation.
Since joining Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP, Mr. Taylor has worked on some notable high-profile cases. In one case, the U.S. government filed a lawsuit that sought $5 billion in penalties from McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. The government accused the company and its Standard and Poor’s division of taking actions that contributed to the 2008 financial crisis. Mr. Taylor served as lead counsel during negotiations with the government to settle privately. He has tried cases in state and federal courts, including before the International Trade Commission and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
About Steven K. Taylor
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.keker.com/Lawyers/Taylor-Steven
- United States v. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., et al.
- Rembrandt Technologies, Inc. v. Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
- Backers v. Alameda County District Attorney's Office, Tom Orloff
- Broadcom Corporation v. Telecommunications Company
- Securities and Exchange Commission v. Former Chief Financial Officer
- Plaintiff v. Investment Funds
- McGah v. Davis
- United States v. Former Chief Executive Officer
- Technology Company v. Internet Search Engine
- Apple Inc. v. HTC Corp
- Stella Corp. v. MedeAnalytics
- Securities and Exchange Commission v. Executive
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Intellectual Property Litigation, 2012 - Present
- Outstanding Young Lawyers, Northern California Super Lawyer, 2012
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2009 - 2013
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2014 - Present
- Dartmouth College, B.A., cum laude, 1995
Last Updated: 5/15/2022