Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021
Attorney Yulissa Zulaica is a partner at Johnston, Kinney & Zulaica LLP located in San Francisco, California. Ms. Zulaica's estate planning practice includes representing high net worth clients and those with cross-border issues. She has also served as an expert witness in probate and trust matters. In addition, Yulissa has extensive experience with probate and trust administration and litigation, and she frequently represents clients in court on contested and uncontested matters. Yulissa works with clients to design wealth transfer strategies and tax planning and assists clients with matters on a statewide and international basis, serving clients both within California and outside the country.
Ms. Zulaica earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Berkeley, and received a LLM in tax and her Juris Doctorate from Golden Gate University School of Law. She speaks English and Spanish as well as conversational Basque and Japanese, allowing her to serve a broad range of clients. She has been licensed to practice law in California since 2011.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Zulaica has been involved with several community organizations, including the Latino Community Foundation, The Bar Association of San Francisco’s Justice & Diversity Center’s Pro Bono Legal Services program and the Women’s Cancer Resource Center. She has sat on the board of the Bay Area Latino Lawyers Fund, the San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association and Thousand Currents.
Outside of the office, Ms. Zulaica regularly lectures on estate planning, probate and tax topics, and has contributed to Continuing Education of the Bar, California, publications. She is active in her legal community and a member of The Bar Association of San Francisco and The State Bar of California’s trusts and estates section.
- 50%Estate Planning & Probate
- 30%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 20%Tax: Consumer
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Will Contests, Tax Law
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
About Yulissa Zulaica
First Admitted: 2011, California
Professional Webpage: https://jkzllp.com/about/partners-associates-and-staff/yulis...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association
- Volunteer Legal Services program of the San Francisco Bar Association
- Women’s Cancer Resource Center
- Thousand Currents
- Latino Community Foundation
- Bay Area Latino Lawyers Fund
- University of California, B.A.
- Named a Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2017 and 2018
- Trusts and Estates Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- LLM, Masters in Taxation, Golden Gate University, 2011
- Certified Specialist, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022