Arthur L. Johnson, Jr.
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in San Jose, CaliforniaButts & Johnson
An associate with Butts & Johnson, Arthur L. Johnson Jr. works with clients in Santa Clara County, California, who have been injured through their employment. His focus is on workers' compensation and Social Security Disability, and he handles cases involving slip-and-falls, repetitive injury, brain injury, illnesses from exposure to chemicals, construction accidents, motor vehicle accidents related to employment, permanent disability and injuries caused by negligent third parties.
In 1960, Mr. Johnson graduated from San José State University with a Bachelor of Arts in political science. He then attended University of California Berkeley School of Law and received an LL.B. in 1965.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Johnson went to work for his father, who was also an attorney, and became an advocate for workers who were injured. For over 40 years he has helped workers receive the disability that they are entitled to. In 2003, the Santa Clara County Bar Association honored Mr. Johnson with the lawyer of the year award in Santa Clara County. Mr. Johnson holds a certification in workers' compensation law through The State Bar of California.
In addition to serving the residents of Santa Clara County, Mr. Johnson is active in the legal community. He is a member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, the California Applicants' Attorneys Association, the American Association for Justice and the Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group. Within the California Applicants' Attorneys Association, Mr. Johnson has served as the Santa Clara County chapter's president, on several committees and is a co-convention chair. In his spare time, he enjoys riding horses, gardening, hiking and rock hunting.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant
- 100% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 1965, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bjlaw.com/attorney/johnson-arthur-l-jr/
- Co-Convention Chair, Numerous Committees, CAAA, 1995 - 2013
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Past President, Santa Clara County Chapter, CAAA, 1991 - 1993
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Member, Workplace Injury Litigation Group (WILG)
- Member, California Applicants' Attorneys Association (CAAA)
- Member, California Trial Lawyers Association
- Lawyer of the Year, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- San Jose State University, San Jose, California, B.A., in Political Science, 1960
- Workers' Compensation Law, State Bar of California Board of legal Specialization
Office location for Arthur L. Johnson, Jr.
675 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95112
- Super Lawyers: 2004, 2006 - 2023