Gina N. Policastri
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in San Jose, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012
Attorney Gina N. Policastri is a partner with Lonich Patton Ehrlich Policastri law firm in San Jose, California. A highly rated and award-winning attorney with more than 17 years of total legal experience, Ms. Policastri focuses her practice exclusively on family law, and she provides invaluable counsel and dedicated support to clients across her region who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
Board-certified as a Family Law Specialist by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Policastri has the extensive skills, knowledge and resources necessary to help her clients make the best-informed decisions regarding child custody and support, property division, alimony and all other related matters, and she has gained a reputation for her compassion and integrity when dealing with her clients during a very difficult and emotionally challenging time in their lives.
As an attorney, Ms. Policastri works hard to protect her clients' rights and interests at all turns as she aggressively pursues the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Recognized for her impeccable professionalism and outstanding client service, she has received consistent accolades and endorsements from her peers. She has also received "Superb" ratings on Avvo as well as the site's Clients' Choice award.
After graduating from Santa Clara University in 2000 with a degree in psychology, Ms. Policastri attended Santa Clara University School of Law, where she served as editor of the Santa Clara Law Review. While in law school, she received the Emery, Law Faculty and Public Interest Scholarships as well as several Witkin and CALI Awards. She obtained her Juris Doctor in 2003, and she is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Ms. Policastri is also an active member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association and the California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, and she routinely volunteers her time and services to those less fortunate in her community.
About Gina N. Policastri
First Admitted: 2003, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.lpeplaw.com/about/our-lawyers/gina-n-policastri/
- Law Review, Editor, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2003
- Santa Clara University, B.S. in Psychology, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- California, 2003
- Certified Specialist, Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- The Witkin Award is awarded to the student designated by the school as attaining the highest grade in the course, Academic Excellence in Community Property, Witkin Legal Institute, 2003
- Honored, AV Rated Law Firm, Martindale-Hubbell, 2008
- The CALI Excellence for the Future Award is given to the student with the highest grade in the class as determined by the instructor or registrar, Academic Achievement in Community Property, CALI, 2003
- Law Faculty Scholarships, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2003
- Emery Scholarships, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2003
- Public Interest Scholarship, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2003
Pro bono/Community Service
- Worked as a pro bono trial attorney for a domestic violence victim, 2010
- Successfully argued a contempt motion for failure to pay support, ultimately resulting in jail time, 2010
- Prevailed in complex paternity matter against the Santa Clara County Department of Child Support Services resulting in a finding of non-paternity/non-liability for support, 2005
- Settled a complex, high asset divorce matter involving international asset division issues with use of private judge, 2011
Last Updated: 5/15/2022