James J. Hoover
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in San Jose, CA
Partner at Hoover Krepelka, LLP, James J. Hoover is a certified family law specialist who represents clients in northern California. Certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, his practice is focused on family law matters including property division, children and finances. With an Avvo “Superb” rating, he has earned many Clients’ Choices Awards over the years for the high-quality legal representation he offers to every client who requires his services.
Mr. Hoover was named a Best Child Custody Attorney Office by The Expert Network and is admitted to practice in the state of California. With almost two decades of experience, he has experience in all the following family law issues: prenuptial/postnuptial agreements, dates of separation, reimbursement claims, breaches of fiduciary duties, child support, spousal support, valuation and division, characterization, property identification, child visitation, child custody and domestic violence.
In 1998, Mr. Hoover graduated magna cum laude from Santa Clara University with an undergraduate degree in Accounting and Economics before moving on to law school. At Santa Clara University School of Law, he graduated summa cum laude with his Juris Doctor and was ranked 4th in his graduating class. He was also recognized for excelling in topics of criminal procedure, dispute resolution, wills and trusts, commercial transactions, torts and contracts.
A member of ProVisors, Mr. Hoover is also actively involved with the Silicon Valley Capital Club and the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists. He also volunteers his time as a Judge Pro-Tem with the Santa Clara Superior Court and as Advisory Counsel for Women SV.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About James J. Hoover
First Admitted: 2001, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.hooverkrepelka.com/attorney/james-j-hoover/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Silicon Valley Capital Club
- Advisory Counsel, Women SV
- Santa Clara Superior Court, Judge Pro-Tem
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- California, 2001
- , Three Best Rated, Best Family Law Attorney Office – San Jose
- , Super Lawyers, 2021
- , Martindale Clients Choice Silver
- , The Expert Network, Best Child Custody Attorney Office – Santa Clara
- , “Top of the Class” CALI Awards in the following classes: Contracts, Torts, Commercial Transactions, Wills and Trusts, Dispute Resolution and Criminal Procedure, Santa Clara University School of Law
- , Avvo Client’s Choice Award, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
- , Ranked 4th in Graduating Class of 212 Students, Santa Clara University School of Law
- Santa Clara University, California, Bachelor's Magna Cum Laude - 1998, Major: Accounting, Minor: Economics
- Certified Family Law Specialist, California State Bar Board of Specialization, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022