John M. Wunderling
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in San Jose, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009
Estate planning and probate attorney John M. Wunderling is a partner at the law office of Ferrari Ottoboni Caputo & Wunderling LLP in San Jose, California. The great majority of his practice is devoted to cases involving:
- Estate planning
- Tax law
- Business/corporate law
- Litigation and appeals
- Estate and trust administration
- Wealth transfer
With an undergraduate degree in finance from Santa Clara University, Mr. Wunderling completed his LL.M. in taxation with honors at the Golden Gate University School of Law. Then, he earned his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the Gonzaga University School of Law. A resident of Los Altos Hills, he practices in all courts across California.
In addition to his admission to The State Bar of California, Mr. Wunderling serves on the board of directors of the Silicon Valley Planned Giving Council and has chaired the San Jose Chapter of the Young Tax Lawyers Committee of The State Bar of California Taxation Section. He is a member of the American Bar Association Taxation Section, the Santa Clara County Bar Association and the Santa Clara County Estate Planning Council.
Mr. Wunderling has been one of the prominent speakers in the Section Education Institute seminar sponsored by The State Bar of California and the National Business Institute. Recently, he co-authored an article with Lisa Caputo, one of the firm’s partners, in Tax Notes Today. Outside of his legal practice, he stays involved in his community. He served as a program committee member for the Annual Silicon Valley Community Foundation/Stanford University Conference.
Over the past 30 years, Mr. Wunderling has been offering high-quality, customized representation to individuals with high assets and growing businesses of all sizes. He uses every tool at his disposal to protect his clients’ financial and legal interests. He is well-known for his ability to propose estate planning and business solutions with minimal tax implications.
About John M. Wunderling
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.ferrarilawpartners.com/our-team/john-m-wunderlin...
- The Fundamentals and Importance of Estate Planning - Materials and Multiple Presentations to parishes of the Catholic Diocese of San Jose
Pro bono/Community Service
- Silicon Valley Planned Giving Council - Incubator Project Mentor
- LL.M in Taxation (with honors), Golden Gate University School of Law
- Bellarmine College Preparatory
- B.S.C, Finance, Santa Clara University
- Silicon Valley Planned Giving Council - Board of Directors and Past President San Jose Chapter of the Young Tax Lawyers Committee of the State Bar of California Taxation Section - Former Chairperson American Bar Association Taxation Section - Member Santa Clara County Bar Association - Member Santa Clara County Estate Planning Council Annual Silicon Valley Community Foundation/Stanford University Conference on Charitable Giving - Program Committee Member
- Member, Santa Clara County Estate Planning Council
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association Taxation Section
- Chairperson of the San Jose Chapter of the Young Tax Lawyers Committee of the State Bar of California Taxation Section
- State Bar of California
Last Updated: 5/15/2022