John W. Prokey
Top rated Tax attorney in San Jose, CaliforniaRamsbacher Prokey Leonard LLP
At Ramsbacher Prokey Leonard LLP, John W. Prokey is partner, and represents clients in the state of California. His focus is on tax law, estate law and probate. A Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, he works extensively with high net worth families and individuals, including closely held business owners with tax controversy, trust administration, estate and wealth planning.
In 1994, Mr. Prokey graduated cum laude from Santa Clara University with a Bachelor of Science. He then attended Santa Clara University School of Law. In 1999, he graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor. He is admitted to practice in the state of California and before the United States Tax Court, along with several appeals courts.
Mr. Prokey is actively involved with several professional organizations. These include the California Lawyers Association, Silicon Valley Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Santa Clara County Bar Association and the State Bar of California, where he is a current member of the Trusts and Estates Section Executive Committee and a former member of the Executive Committee of the Taxation State.
Mr. Prokey is a frequent presenter and author and presents to the the Advanced Estate Planning Institute, California Society of CPAs, the San Diego Tax & Estate Planning Forum, the University of Southern California Tax Institute and the Hawaii Tax Institute. For years Mr. Prokey represented the State Bar of California and managed regulatory changes and proposed federal tax litigation.
Practice areasTax: Business, Estate Planning & Probate
- 50% Tax: Business
- 50% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.rpllawfirm.com/attorneys/john-w-prokey/
- American Bar Association, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Associations, Member
- Silicon Valley Bar Association, Member
- California State Bar, Member
- Estate and Gift Tax Sub-Committee, Chair, 2004 - 2005
- Taxation Section Executive Committee, Former Member
- Trusts and Estates Section Executive Committee, Member
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Presenter, California Society of CPAs Advanced Estate Planning Institute
- Presenter, USC Tax Institute
- Presenter, CEB Estate Planning Annual Recent Developments Conference
- Presenter, CEB/UCLA Estate Planning Conference
- Presenter, Hawaii Tax Institute
- Presenter, San Diego Tax & Estate Planning Forum
- Presenter, AICPA Advanced Estate Planning Conference, 2015
- Presenter, Annual Estate Planning Symposium & 2014 Tax Update and Planning Conference
- Santa Clara University, B.S. cum laude, 1994
Office location for John W. Prokey
111 W St. John St
San Jose, CA 95113
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2012