Mitchell T. Ehrlich
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in San Jose, CA
Attorney Mitchell T. Ehrlich is a partner with Lonich Patton Ehrlich Policastri law firm in San Jose, California. Board certified as a family law specialist by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Ehrlich has more than 23 years of legal experience, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients across his region who are going through divorces or have other serious legal matters affecting their families.
Handling all aspects of family law, Mr. Ehrlich has achieved considerable success helping his clients with issues pertaining to the dissolution of their marriages and legal separation as well as complex property division and asset valuations, child custody and support, post-judgment issues, parentage claims and more. He also drafts effective and enforceable prenuptial and postnuptial agreements for his clients, and he has gained a reputation for delivering the highly personalized counsel that his clients need to make the best-informed decisions while helping them achieve their goals efficiently and cost-effectively.
In honor of his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Ehrlich has a "Superb" rating on Avvo and has received the site's Clients' Choice Award.
A 1993 graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara, with a degree in economics, Mr. Ehrlich obtained his Juris Doctor degree cum laude from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1998. He is admitted to practice before all U.S. district courts and U.S. bankruptcy courts in California as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Mr. Ehrlich has served as temporary judge for the Santa Clara County Superior Court's Family Court and Traffic Court and as an arbitrator for the Santa Clara County Bar Association’s Attorney Client Fee Disputes Division. He is also a member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association's executive committee as well as the organization's Arbitration and Family Law Sections. He is also a member of The State Bar of California and the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, among other professional affiliations.
- 100%Family Law
Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About Mitchell T. Ehrlich
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.lpeplaw.com/about/our-lawyers/mitchell-t-ehrlich...
- California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of California
- State Bar of California, Member
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Arbitrator, Executive Committee Member: Attorney Client Fee Arbitration Section
- Family Law Section, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Conference of Delegates
- Santa Clara County Traffic Court
- Santa Clara County Family Court Settlement Judge/Settlement Office
- Santa Clara County Family Court Arbitrator
- Judge Pro Tem - Santa Clara County Civil Court, 2001
- San Francisco Daily Journal, June, 2000, Author, "Backdraft: A Treatise on the Fireman's Rule in California"
- Author, www.amazon.com/California-Family-Law-Strategies-Documentation/dp/0314195777, Inside the Minds: California Family Law Strategies- Aspatore, 2008
- Author, Starting with the Basic of Divorce Discovery, Prep Your Client: Divorce Proceedings in California, 2008
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Temporary Judge for the Santa Clara County Superior Court Family Court and Traffic Court
- Arbitrator for the Santa Clara County Bar Association's Attorney Client Fee Disputes Division
- Volunteer Temporary Judge with the Santa Clara County Superior Court Civil Division
- Pro Bono Association's Lawyers in the Library Program
- Current Youth Basketball Coach - (YMCA) 2012
- Pro Bono Project (Silicon Valley) 2000-2003 Represented Pro Bono Clients
- Pro Bono Project (Silicon Valley) 2004-2007
- Project Cornerstone (YMCA) - In class instructor- Schallenberger Elementary School, 2000
- Chair of the City of San Jose Traffic Appeals Commission 1999 -2004
- Cum Laude, Pepperdine University, Malibu, California, 1998
- Deans Honors List, Pepperdine University School of Law
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California, Major: Economics, 1993
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Chair- City of San Jose, Traffic Appeals Commission, 1999
- Tried in excess of 30 family law trials over the past ten years, 2005
- California Certified Family Law Specialist, 2009
- ACFLS Member
Last Updated: 5/15/2022