Samuel A. Chuck
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in San Jose, CA
Samuel A. Chuck is a partner at San Jose, California-based Rossi, Hamerslough, Reischl & Chuck, where he focuses his practice primarily on commercial and residential real estate transactions and litigation for clients throughout Santa Clara County. Admitted to practice in all California state courts, Mr. Chuck is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Mr. Chuck has represented area developers and property owners in a variety of matters, including acquisitions and sales, land use and title disputes, lease negotiations, and municipal entitlements. Some of the many projects that he has worked on have included the development of a former bus terminal into mixed-use residential towers and the subdivision and sale of approximately 120 acres of farmland that will be the site of a residential development.
In his litigation practice, Mr. Chuck was lead counsel in a lawsuit involving property damage resulting from a large fire in Monterey and which ultimately settled for a confidential sum. In another notable case, he represented the plaintiff in a bad faith action against an insurance company, and he was able to obtain a jury award that included sizable compensatory and punitive damages. Mr. Chuck's successful track record in these and other endeavors have earned him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Samuel A. Chuck
First Admitted: 1991, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.rhrc.net/Attorney-Profiles/Samuel-A-Chuck.shtml
Pro bono/Community Service
- San Jose Police Emerald Society - Board of Directors
- Presentation High School Board of Regents - Former Regent
- Housing Industry Foundation - Former Board Member
- Bay Area Women's Sports Initiative - Former Executive Board Member
- American-Slavonian Club - Former President
- Michael Morter, et al. v. Thunderbird Realty, et al.(Santa Cruz County Superior Court)
- Mavin Income Fund v. Chang, et al. (Sacramento County Superior Court Case 96-AS05978)
- James H. Baron, as Receiver v. Fire Insurance Exchange, et al. (Santa Clara County Superior Court Case #103CV817085; Court of Appeal, Sixth District, Case #H029830)
- Saucito Land Company et al. v. Barlocker Insurance (Santa Clara County Superior Court Case #108CV115330)
- Daheb v. Kim (San Mateo County Superior Court Case CIV 420013)
- Fancher Monterey v. Avila Design (Monterey County Superior Court Case #M88951).
- Cordova v. Garcia (San Diego County Superior Court Case #C09236)
- Leos, Johnson v. Maggard (Santa Clara County Superior Court Case #16CV297243)
- Overland Development v. Gilroy Presbyterian Church (binding arbitration)
- Casitas DelMar Townhouse v. Dimick (Santa Cruz County Superior Court Case #CV157522)
- AV Rating, Martindale & Hubbell (peer review establishing Sam as having the highest ethical standards and legal ability)
- Northern California Super Lawyer, San Francisco Magazine, 2004 - 2021, Super Lawyer Magazine
- Top Real Estate and Business Trial Lawyer, San Jose Magazine
- Superb Rating 10.0/10.0, AVVO Lawyer Rating
- Million-Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- Top 40, Under 40, San Jose Business Journal, 2005
- California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, California,B.S., Bachelor of Science, Honors: Wall Street Journal Outstanding Achievement Award, Honors: Mortar Board Senior, Honors: Reserved for top 15-20 seniors, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit , 1991
- Santa Clara County Tax Assessor's Appeals Board Hearing Officer
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
- California, 1991
Last Updated: 5/15/2022