Joanna M. Wald
Top rated Family Law attorney in San Mateo, CaliforniaViola Law Firm P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in California since: 2015
Education: San Francisco Law School
Viola Law Firm P.C.441 1st Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401 Visit website
A skilled and dedicated professional, attorney Joanna M. Wald assists clients in San Mateo County, Alameda County, San Francisco County and Contra Costa County, California, from the law firm of Viola Law Firm P.C. Licensed to practice in California since 2015, she has played an instrumental role in helping her clients obtain favorable results in family law matters related to divorce, legal dissolution, custody disputes, prenups and postnups, domestic violence, spousal support, orders of protection, post-judgment actions and paternity.
A dean’s list graduate of the San Francisco Law School, Ms. Wald received her Bachelor of Arts in political science in 2006. Later in 2014, she earned her Juris Doctor from the San Francisco Law School. As an extraordinary law student, she was elected as the “Student of the Year,” and she won the Witkin Award in Civil Procedure.
Proficient in Spanish, Ms. Wald started her career as a legal intern at the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office and the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. She later worked as a research assistant and law clerk at two other California firms and then functioned as a partner at a well-known law firm in San Mateo County for five-plus years.
Passionate about helping her community, Ms. Wald frequently offers professional legal services on a voluntary basis through the help of organizations such as the Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County. She was also a part of the San Mateo County Lawyer in the Library Program and the San Mateo Superior Court’s weekly Family Law Status Conference, a program to benefit self-represented litigants.
Many professional legal organizations have had the pleasure of including Ms. Wald among their membership or part of their leadership positions. She is a former president of the San Mateo County Bar Association’s Barristers Section and the chair of its Diversity Committee. She also served as a board member of the SMCBA’s Women Lawyers Foundation. She is a member of The State Bar of California and the California Applicants' Attorneys Association.
Practice areasFamily Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2015, California
Professional Webpage: https://violaw.com/attorney/joanna-m-wald/
- San Francisco Law School, San Francisco, California, B.A., Honors: Dean's List, Major: Political Science - 2006
- Northern California Rising Star Super Lawyer, 2019-2021
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member of the Month, 08/2019
- Volunteer, San Mateo County Lawyers in The Library
- Volunteer, San Mateo County Legal Aid
- Volunteer, San Mateo Superior Court’s weekly Family Law Status Conference
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Women Lawyers Foundation, Board Member
- California Bar Association, Family Law Section
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2022-2024
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Diversity Committee, Chair, 2020, 2021
- San Mateo Area Chamber of Commerce, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Barristers Section, President, 2020
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
Office location for Joanna M. Wald
441 1st Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023