Diana L. Maier
Top Rated Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in San Rafael, CA
- Free Consultation
Attorney Diana L. Maier is the founder and co-owner of Maier Law Group LLP in San Rafael, California and San Francisco, California. A highly versatile lawyer with more than 23 years of total legal experience, Ms. Maier provides invaluable counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout her region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Mediation (unrelated to Family Law Mediations)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Employment law for employers
- Workplace Investigations
- Title IX investigations
- HR advice in dealing with employees
- Coaching for executives dealing with allegations of sexual harassment, bad management, retaliation, and more.
A skilled mediator, Ms. Maier sits on the alternative dispute resolution panel for two federal courts and several state courts. She also mediates private disputes. Diana is a certificate holder (the gold standard for investigators) with the Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI-CH). She has also completed hundreds of hours of mediation, workplace investigation, and Title IX investigation trainings. She trained at the Co-Active Training Institute for over 100 hours learning how to coach executives as well as attorneys. She served as a public defender for four years, and possesses extensive trial skills along with her remarkable negotiation and mediation skills. Diana conducts investigations in Spanish and English. Diana has also completed a Title IX Hearing Officer Training.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Diana has earned consistent recognition from her peers as being among the top 5% of lawyers in her region, and she has received countless testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients. Diana was named as California Lawyers Association "Attorney of the Month" in September 2021.
After graduating magna cum laude from Georgetown University in 1992, Ms. Maier attended Stanford Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1998. She is admitted to practice in California as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of California.
Ms. Maier has been a frequent speaker at the Association of Workplace Investigators, the Marin County Bar Association, the San Francisco Bar Association and numerous lawyer podcasts. She is past chair of Marin County Bar Associations' Labor and Employment Section.
Diana founded the Joy in the Law "movement" by holding conferences and facilitating group forums dedicated to the idea that lawyers can bring their highest ethics and passion for their work to the practice of law. www.joyinthelaw.com.
- Countless privacy and employment law topics (2010) - I print widely read articles on my Employment and Privacy Law journal. Also, if you go to www.dianamaierlaw.com/resources/ you will the numerous articles; podcasts; and white papers I've published.
- Various (2021) - I write monthly papers on topics regarding employment law, data privacy, mediation, and workplace investigations.
- Again, Please see website. Numerous.
About Diana L. Maier
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: https://maierlawgroup.com/diana-maier
- Please see my website, resources page. Numerous. www.dianamaierlaw.com
- I write monthly papers on topics regarding employment law, data privacy, mediation, and workplace investigations., Various, 2021
- Former Chair, Labor and Employment Section of the Marin County Bar Association, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2021
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2003
- State Bar of California, December 1998
- Queen's Bench, Member
- Bar Association of San Francisco, past member of the Labor and Employment Section and frequent speaker
- Mediator, Riverside Superior Court
- Member, Labor and Employment Section of the California Bar Association., 2016
- Mediator, Superior Court of California, Riverside County, 2021
- Mediator, the Central District Court of California, 2021
- Mediator, County of Alameda Day of Court Program, 2021
- Mediator, San Mateo County Bar Association, 2021
- Mediator, Contra Costa County Superior Court, 2021
- Mediator, Northern District Court of California, 2021
- Speaker, Conference of the Association of Workplace Investigators, 2020
- Member, Association of Workplace Investigators, 2021
- Member, Provisors, 2021
- Served on the San Francisco Bar Association Conflicts panel for criminal defense work, and then in 2008 began serving on Labor and Employment panel for the SFBA. Still do that until this day. Member of the San Francisco, Marin, and California labor and employment and litigation sections., 2003
- CIPP/US CIPP/E, 2014
- Certified Information Privacy Professional- US Certified Information Privacy Professional- EU, 2014
Pro bono/Community Service
- Created and developed the Joy in the Law® movement to help lawyers find joy and meaning in their work by practicing mindful lawyering, and by carrying their deeply held personal values into their professional lives. Held the first Joy in the Law® conference and hosted regular events for women lawyers striving for joy in their law practices., 2016
- OneJustice, Strategy Council
- Continued to grow the Joy in the Law® movement to help lawyers find joy and meaning in their work by practicing mindful lawyering, and by carrying their deeply held personal values into their professional lives. Hosted regular events for women lawyers striving for joy in their law practices., 2021
- Further developed the Joy in the Law® movement to help lawyers find joy and meaning in their work by practicing mindful lawyering, and by carrying their deeply held personal values into their professional lives. Held the second Joy in the Law® conference and hosted regular events for women lawyers striving for joy in their law practices., 2018
- Serves on the One Justice Board of California., 2021
- Serves on the board of OneJustice; chair of the Resource Development (fundraising) committee, 2011
- Fluent in Spanish and often advise monolingual Spanish-speakers needing free employment advice. Served on numerous committees for Charitable organizations in SF: Jewish Children and Family Services and Jewish Federation., 2010
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Spoke on the Hustle & Flow podcast about nurturing joy in the legal profession with renowned legal coach Heather Joy Hubbard., 2018
- Spoke on the Wealthy Woman Lawyer Podcast about how to make a law firm a place to nurture joy, and to facilitate effective social and personal change., 2020
- Spoke on the Happy Lawyer Project Podcast about how to build a boutique law firm. , 2019
- Interviewed on NBC regarding AB5, 2019
- Completed over 100 hours of coursework in coaching fundamentals at the Coaches Training Institute, the most rigorous professional coach training and certification program in the industry, 2019
- Georgetown University, B.S., Foreign Service, Magna Cum Laude, 1992
- Completed the Northern District Court of California's Mediator Training. Was also trained and empaneled in the mediation programs of the Central District Court of California and the Riverside Superior Court., 2020
- Completed Gary Friedman's 40-Hour Mediation Training., 2019
- Completed Title IX Hearing Officer Training with T9 Mastered., 2021
- Completed Trauma-Informed Interviewing Techniques Training with T9 Mastered, 2021
- Completed The Nuts and Bolts of Investigating Title IX Complaints Training with T9 Mastered., 2021
- Note: Diana no longer litigates. She focuses exclusively on advice and counsel, mediation, coaching, investigations, trainings, etc., 2021
- California Lawyers Association Attorney of the Month, California Lawyers Association, 2021
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2022
- High Technology
Last Updated: 5/15/2022