Joel P. Gumbiner
Top rated Insurance Coverage attorney in San Rafael, CaliforniaWilliams & Gumbiner LLP
Joel P. Gumbiner is a partner at Williams & Gumbiner LLP in Marin County, California, just north of San Francisco. Mr. Gumbiner has nearly four decades of experience in the areas of insurance and bad faith insurance law and coverage and has represented a diverse group of individuals, commercial and government entity clients throughout California and western states. He has represented policyholders in jury and bench trials, appeals, first party property insurance Appraisals and arbitrations.
Mr. Gumbiner graduated from the University of San Francisco School of Law where he was a member of the McAuliffe Honor Society, served as Articles Editor of USF law review, and received the American Jurisprudence Award. He has been admitted to practice law in the state of California and Federal Courts since 1983.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Gumbiner has achieved dozens of 7 and 8 figure results for his clients in insurance coverage and bad faith cases. He has also served as a court appointed mediator, discovery facilitator and arbitrator in the superior courts of both Marin County and San Francisco. Mr. Gumbiner also serves as a First Party Property Insurance Appraiser and Umpire in Appraisal proceedings, and is certified to serve in those roles by the Insurance Appraisers and Umpires Association. Mr. Gumbiner has been selected to the Northern California Super Lawyers every year since 2008.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Gumbiner is active in his community. He has coached multiple youth sports and, for the past 15 years, has coached his local high school Mock Trial team. He has served on several boards including stints as chairman of a religious school board of trustees at Congregation Rodef Sholom and as president of the Central Marin Pop Warner Football Association. He is also active in the Marin County Bar Association and served on the Board from 2007 to 2015 and as President in 2013.
Practice areasInsurance Coverage, Construction Litigation: Business
Bad Faith Insurance, Insurance
- 80% Insurance Coverage
- 20% Construction Litigation: Business
First Admitted: 1983, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.williamsgumbiner.com/about-firm/joel
- Coach, Terra Linda High School Mock Trial team
- Board of Congregation Rodef Sholom in Marin County
- Marin County Courts - Discovery Facilitator
- President, Central Marin Pop Warner Football organization
- Board of the Central Marin Pop Warner Football organization
- Chairman, Religious School Board of Trustees
- Garvey v. State Farm
- Articles Editor, USF Law Review
- Member, McAuliffe Honor Society
- California, 1983
- Marin County Bar Association President, 2013
- Marin County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- American Jurisprudence Award
- Law Review Comment of the Year Award
- Northern California’s Super Lawyers, 2008-2020
- American Bar Association
- Marin County Bar Association
Office location for Joel P. Gumbiner
1010 B Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023