Ivette M. Santaella
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in San Ramon, CA
- Free Consultation
Ivette M. Santaella is an estate planning and elder law attorney at Santaella Legal Group, APC, in San Ramon, California. Ms. Santaella has over 30 years of legal experience and represents clients in the Oakland area. She handles a wide range of matters involving elder law, estate planning, probate and trusts.
Prior to her estate planning career, Ms. Santaella worked in a diverse variety of legal positions. She spent five years working with the federal government and served as counsel for several major corporations. She was the recipient of various honors and awards while in these roles.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. Santaella contributes her time to the legal community in many ways. She speaks regularly on estate planning and elder law for professional organizations and serves on the board of directors for the Empowered Aging. She belongs to the Tri-Valley Estate Planning Council and volunteers her time to the Lawyers in the Library Program, educating families on the estate planning process.
Ms. Santaella is a member of the Contra Costa Bar Association, the California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform, the Elder Counsel, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the Wealth Counsel. She serves as the estate planning contact for the South Asian Pacific Bar Association of Northern California.
After graduating with honors from Fordham University, Ms. Santaella earned her law degree from American University Washington College of Law. She also holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of California, Irvine. She is qualified to appear before all California state courts.
About Ivette M. Santaella
First Admitted: 1989, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.santaellalaw.com/attorney-profiles/ivette-santae...
- JD - American College — Washington College of law, 1987
- MBA University of California Irvine - Focus: Information Technology, 1997
- CANHR, 2008
- Contra Costa Bar Association, 2007
- Califormia Bar Association, 1989
- My prior firm, S & J, received an award for our diversity efforts in the legal profession., Diversity Award, Contra Costa County Bar Association, 2018
Pro bono/Community Service
- Executive Committee of the Cancer Support Community in Walnut Creek. We are focused on reaching out to the commnunity of individuals who have cancer and their family members with information and service to support them during these difficult times. I am focused on reaching out to the Hispanic community., 2021
- Contra Costa Senior Legal Services -- Volunteer \, 2016
- Contra Costa Lawyer in the Library volunteer, 2016
- Board of Director Member Ombudsman of Solano, Contra Costa and Alameda Counties, 2018
- Chartered Special Needs Consultant ChSNC from the American College for Financial Professionals. This is a special designation that I passed several courses on working with special needs families., 2011
- Obtain Medi-Cal benefits for various families so that they could afford skilled nursing facilities., 2017
- Represent large Hispanic business owners and assisted with their estate plans and succession planning, 2019
- Conservatorship of Marjorie Berberich Contra Costa County, 2018
- Representation of various clients regarding Prop 19, 2021
- Small - Med Business Owners
- Special Needs
Last Updated: 5/15/2022