Christopher J. McCann
Top rated DUI-DWI attorney in Santa Ana, CaliforniaLaw Offices of Christopher J. McCann, APC
Practice Areas: DUI-DWI, Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in California since: 2001
Education: Pepperdine University School of Law
Our office remains open, and in response to COVID-19 we have expanded our options for remote consultations and virtual meetings. Please contact our office to discuss what meeting option best fits your situation. Call 888-973-6193.
Christopher J. McCann of the Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann, APC, located in Santa Ana, California, focuses his practice in criminal and DUI defense. Mr. McCann represents clients facing charges such as DUI, domestic violence, forgery, fraud, vandalism and more both within Santa Ana, and throughout Orange and Los Angeles counties.
After earning his bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mr. McCann received his law degree from Pepperdine University School of Law. He is also certified in dispute resolution by the Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, the number one ranked dispute resolution program by U.S. News & World Report.
Admitted to practice in all California state courts, Mr. McCann is also licensed to appear before the U.S. district courts for the Central and Southern districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. Mr. McCann has extensive litigation experience at all of the levels of the California and federal court systems.
In addition to his licenses, Mr. McCann also belongs to several professional organizations. He is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the State Bar of California, and maintains active membership in the California DUI Lawyers Association, the California Public Defenders Association, and the National College for DUI Defense.
Mr. McCann uses his knowledge of the law and extensive litigation experience in both the California and federal court systems to educate both clients and peers through a variety of methods. He authored an article on utilizing new technology in DUI cases and creates many informational videos on a variety of elements of a DUI charge, including penalties of such a situation, different possible defenses and more.
Practice areasCriminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense
- 80% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 20% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 2001, California
Professional Webpage: https://cjmdefense.com/about/christopher-j-mccann/
- Rising Star Attorney, Southern California Superlawyers Magazine, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015
- Certificate in Dispute Resolution, Strauss Institute of Dispute Resolution
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- All State Courts in the State of California
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- California Bar Association
- National College of DUI Defense
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts, 1997
- DUI Attorney Orange County, 2009
- Do I need a lawyer for my second DUI?, Legal, 2012
- Should I represent myself in a criminal case?, Legal, 2012
- What are the penalties for DUI?, Legal, 2012
- What is a rising blood alcohol defense for DUI?, Legal, 2012
- What distinguishes you as a DUI attorney in Orange County?, Legal, 2012
- I authored a chapter in this book entitled, "New Technologies and Discovery in DUI Cases.", Author, Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California, Aspatore Publishing, 2013
- I spoke on the topic of DUI defense, and highlighting defense strategies and tips for effectively defending DUI cases., Speaker, DUIs and the Courts; 2015 Update, Perspectives From All Angles, Southeast District Bar Association, 2015
- I authored a chapter in this book entitled, "Demystifying Standardized Field Sobriety Testing: How to Limit its Effectiness and Use it to Your Client's Advantage.", Author, Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California, Aspatore Publishing, 2014
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- California Public Defenders Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- National College Of DUI Defense
Office location for Christopher J. McCann
1633 E. 4th St.
Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2007, 2009 - 2015
See legal Q & A provided by Christopher J. McCann
Q: What can I expect after being arrested for a DUI in California?A: If you are arrested for DUI in California, you can expect to have to defend against both the DMV’s attempt to suspend your driver’s license and … See all answers by Christopher McCann
Find me online
- Passenger of Suspected DUI Driver Calls the Cops on the Cops - #DUI #DWI #drunkdriving #cjmdefense #duiattorneys https://t.co/XTdRPauSYc
- Driver shocks police officer with backflip during DWI test - #DUI #DWI #drunkdriving #cjmdefense #duiattorneys https://t.co/L5SHn3mJgx
- DUI suspect attacks deputy, starts rapping. #DUI #DWI #drunkdriving #cjmdefense #duiattorneys https://t.co/RR6y7K1o41