Jessica B. Cha
Top rated Family Law attorney in Santa Ana, CaliforniaLaw Offices of J.Cha & Associates
Attorney Jessica B. Cha is a Certified Family Law Specialist as certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Jessica is an experienced family law litigator. She represents clients in prejudgment and post judgment dissolution of marriage cases including those that involve child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support and division of assets and debts. Jessica also handles parentage matters.
Jessica's family law practice also includes representing clients whose children were abducted to and from the United States and another count by their spouse or partner. She has knowledge of the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction and has traveled abroad to advocate in front of foreign judiciaries and officials.
Jessica's personal dissolution of marriage gives her a unique sensitivity to what her clients are going through. She takes the time to tailor her approach and strategy based on the unique needs and goals of each client. She uses that experience to become a better family law attorney for the firm's clients.
Jessica received her law degree from the Syracuse University College of Law and her undergraduate degree from the University of California San Diego.
After living in Washington, DC and working for the Office of General Counsel for the U.S. Department of Commerce, Jessica returned to California and quickly found her niche in family law.
Jessica has received numerous accolades for her work including:
- Super Lawyers Rising Star,
- 10 Best Attorneys - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys,
- "Superb" rating on Avvo,
- Top Verdict (Top 50 in CA 2015), and
- Lawyers of Distinction for Family & Divorce.
Jessica was included in Los Angeles Magazine's list of Top Women Attorneys in 2018 and 2019.
Jessica is actively involved in the legal community as well as a variety of community-based organizations. She is the Secretary of the Orange County Asian American Bar Association. Her volunteer work includes being Commissioner and Chair of the Arts and Culture Commission of the City of Santa Ana and Chair of the board for the C.H.A. Education Fund, Inc.
Jessica speaks conversational Korean.
Jessica’s practice covers all of Orange County, including but not limited to, Santa Ana, Huntington Beach, Tustin, Costa Mesa, Newport Coast, Laguna Niguel, Irvine, Garden Grove, Westminster, Fullerton and Brea. She also represents clients in Los Angeles County and has also represented clients in San Francisco.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2006, California
- State Bar of California, Certified Family Law Specialist
- $10.2 Million jury verdict in Barr v. Lonika’s Home Inc. filed in the Superior Court of California, County of Orange. Top 50 Verdicts in California for 2015
- Chair of the Board – C.H.A. Education Fund, Inc.
- Vice Chair – Korean American Democratic Committee Orange County
- Commissioner and Chair of the Arts and Culture Commission for the City of Santa Ana
- 2018 Los Angeles Magazine Top Women Attorneys
- Top Verdict (24th highest jury verdict in 2015)
- 10 Best Attorneys – American Institute of Family Law Attorney
- Lawyers of Distinction selection for Family & Divorce
- 10/10 Superb rating on Avvo
- 2019 Super Lawyers Top Women Attorneys in Southern California
- 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2019 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- California, 2006
- Secretary, Orange County Asian American Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- University of California, San Diego, B.A.
Office location for Jessica B. Cha
1245 Cabrillo Park Dr
Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2019
Certificates and credentials