John A. Montevideo
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Santa Ana, CA
- Free Consultation
A senior partner at DiMarco | Araujo | Montevideo, located in Santa Ana, California, John A. Montevideo has more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Representing clients throughout California, he handles matters involving general negligence, workplace injuries, premises liability, motor vehicle accidents and product liability. With respect to those clients who have been injured on the job, Mr. Montevideo assists in obtaining workers' compensation benefits as well as pursuing claims against parties other than the employer who may be deemed to be responsible.
After earning his bachelor's degree from The Ohio State University in 1973, Mr. Montevideo attended Western State University College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1978. He has been admitted to practice in California since 1979. Highly regarded by his peers throughout his career, Mr. Montevideo holds an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has twice received the Presidential Award of Merit from Consumer Attorneys of California.
Often called upon to speak before groups of fellow professionals on topics relating to his areas of practice, Mr. Montevideo is also a frequent lecturer at classes and seminars for aspiring attorneys. He is an active participant in numerous professional organizations, including the American Association for Justice and the Orange County Bar Association, and is a past president and member of the board of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Montevideo has served as a faculty member of the Orange County Bar Association's College of Trial Advocacy and is a past president of the Consumer Attorneys of California. He is also a member of the Hall of Fame of what is now known as Western State College of Law at Argosy University.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
About John A. Montevideo
First Admitted: 1979, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.damfirm.com/meet-our-attorneys/john-a-montevideo....
- Member, Consumer Attorneys of California
- Active Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Active Member, American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Board of Directors, Diversity in Law Foundation
- Faculty Member, Orange County College of Trial Advocacy
- Past President, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Member, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Participant, Mock Trial Program of the Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County
- AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Frequent Lecturer, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Frequent Lecturer, Orange County Bar Association
- Frequent Lecturer, Consumer Attorneys of California
- Lecturer, California State University, Fullerton; California State University, Long Beach; Western State University, College of Law
- Lecturer, Forensic Consultants Association
- President's Award Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, 1998
- CAOC Presidential Award of Merit, 2000 and 2002
- CAOC Trench Soldier Award, 2004
- Ohio State University, B.A., 1973
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Inducted into the Western State College of Law, Hall of Fame, 2006
- 5 things to know about Daca. #DACA #Unitedwedream https://t.co/d5DoujnDlU
- Latinos and The American Legal System https://t.co/wbU166DYPz #Latino
- They Got Hurt at Work. Then They Got Deported. https://t.co/dn4HPT9b5C
- THE JUSTICE SYSTEM CAN PRODUCE INJUSTICE https://t.co/0AJyYrhhvX #latino
- EL SISTEMA DE JUSTICIA PUEDE PRODUCIR INJUSTICIAS https://t.co/gwQNHwgIkE #latino
Last Updated: 5/15/2022