Chad M. Prentice
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Santa Barbara, CaliforniaMaho | Prentice, LLP Attorneys at Law
A co-founder of Maho | Prentice, LLP Attorneys at Law, Chad M. Prentice focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. He represents clients throughout Southern California from the firm’s offices in Santa Barbara.
Mr. Prentice attended the University of California, Santa Barbara, as an undergraduate, where he majored in law and society and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1990. He then went on to pursue his legal studies at Pepperdine University Caruso School of Law in Malibu, and he obtained a certificate in alternative dispute resolution before graduating with his Juris Doctor in 1994.
Mr. Prentice’s personal injury clients are people who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties, and the types of cases that he has handled over his career have involved premises liability, truck, motorcycle and car crashes, defective products, auto-pedestrian accidents, elder abuse, assault and dog bites. He has been able to obtain millions of dollars in compensation for his clients through both jury verdicts and negotiated settlements, and he can draw upon his prior experience in representing defendants in these types of matters to better service his current plaintiff client base.
Fluent in Spanish as well as in English, Mr. Prentice has been admitted to practice before all California state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California since 1994. His professional memberships have included the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Santa Barbara County Bar Association, and his community involvement has encompassed coaching youth sports and serving on the board of directors of a nonprofit organization devoted to helping developmentally disabled youths and adults.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 90% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1994, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.maho-prentice.com/attorney/chad-m-prentice/
- Elected official to Hope Elementary School District, Past President of the Board, 2011
- Abota, 2000 to 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1994
- Member of CAOC
- California, 1994
- University of California, B.A., Law/Society, 1990
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Pepperdine Law Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate, 1994, Certified in Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law, 1994
- Board of Directors, Santa Barbara Humane, 2023
- Executive committee for Royal Pride Foundation for San Marcos High School Foundation, 2014 - 2015, 2015
- YMCA, Coaching Basketball
- Page Youth Center, Coaching Basketball
- Vice President, Board for Cornerstone House
- Chamber of Commerce, 2009
- Hope Elementary School, Board Member, 2008
- Wrongful Death Trucking Settlement: $9,375,000.00 Dog Bite Settlement $2,700,000.00 Automobile Accident: $1,500,000.00 Trip and Fall: $1,400,000.00 , 2023
Office location for Chad M. Prentice
629 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101-7060
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2024