Top rated employment & labor attorney in Santa Barbara, CaliforniaAnticouni & Ricotta
Attorney Nicole Ricotta is the managing partner of Anticouni & Associates in Santa Barbara, California. Ms. Ricotta concentrates her practice on employment law, handling matters involving wage and hour violations, wrongful termination and other employment-related disputes. She serves employers and employees in Santa Barbara County and throughout California.
Ms. Ricotta advises employers on topics including document drafting, legal rights and regulatory compliance. Her experience representing employees includes cases involving discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation. She has a particular interest in wage and hour disputes, including class action lawsuits alleging misclassification of employees.
Active in various professional organizations, Ms. Ricotta is a member of the Santa Barbara County Bar Association, The State Bar of California, the California Employment Lawyers Association, the National Employment Lawyers Association and the Barristers’ Club of Santa Barbara. She also belongs to the Association of Workplace Investigators and regularly serves as an independent investigator in workplace investigations.
Ms. Ricotta received a bachelor’s degree in sociology from Loyola Marymount University and earned her law degree from the Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law. She holds a license to practice law before all California state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Ricotta worked as a paralegal at Anticouni & Associates. Upon becoming a licensed attorney, she joined the firm as an associate and worked her way up to become a partner in 2016. As managing partner, she supervises all the firm’s cases and daily operations.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Employment litigation: plaintiff
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Wrongful termination
- 80% Employment & labor: employee
- 20% Employment litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2012, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.anticounilaw.com/attorney/nicole-ricotta/
- $1,985,000 settlement in wage and hour class action on behalf of employees $980,000 settlement for wage and hour and meal and rest break class action on behalf of employees $600,000 settlement for wage and hour class action on behalf of employees $298,500 settlement for age discrimination and whistleblower retaliation $225,000 settlement for sexual harassment claim on behalf of employee $225,000 settlement for disability discrimination and wage and hour claim on behalf of employee $175,000 settlement for sexual harassment claim on behalf of employee $100,000 settlement for individual wage and hour on behalf of employee $97,500 settlement for racial discrimination claim on behalf of two employees $75,000 settlement for discrimination based on sex on behalf of employee $80,000 settlement for sexual harassment on behalf of employee $150,000 settlement for age discrimination on behalf of employee $145,000 settlement for age discrimination and whistleblower retaliation on behalf of employee $87,500 settlement for individual wage and hour action on behalf of employee
- Rising Star, 2018 - 2019
- Excellent Rating, Avvo
- The National Advocates Top 40 Under 40, 2017, Managing Partner, Awarding Body
- Barrister’s Club of Santa Barbara
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Member
- Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI), Member
- California, 2012 California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), Member California State Bar, Member Santa Barbara County Bar Association U.S. District Court Central District of California United States Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit Santa Barbara Women Lawyers
- Loyola Marymount University, B.A. in Sociology
- Employees who are treated illegally by their employers
- Disability Discrimination
- Employment Class Actions
- Family Leave
- Pregnancy Leave
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage And Hour Disputes
- Wrongful Termination
Office location for Nicole Ricotta
201 N. Calle Cesar Chavez
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023