Joyce S. Mendlin
Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Santa Monica, CaliforniaRosenberg, Mendlin & Rosen, LLP
Admitted to practice in the state of California, Joyce S. Mendlin is an attorney at Rosenberg Mendlin & Rosen, LLP, and represents the people and businesses of Palo Alto and Santa Monica, California, in cases of trust litigation, trust administration, inverse condemnation, real property litigation and business litigation and counseling. Extensively experienced in alternative dispute resolution, she completed the Strauss Dispute Resolution training to certify as a volunteer mediator for the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Ms. Mendlin is a member of the Santa Monica Bar Association and the Los Angeles County Bar Association and was a finalist for "Lawyer of the Year" from Consumer Attorneys of California in 2008. For her commitment to legal ethics and professional accomplishments, she earned the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
A published author with several pieces in Los Angeles Lawyer, Ms. Mendlin graduated from St. John’s College with a Bachelor of Arts in 1975. At Southwestern University School of Law, she continued her education and earned a Juris Doctor in 1979. While in law school, she was a member of the Law Review, a judicial extern in the California Court of Appeal and a member of the SCALE program.
She has represented contractors and subcontractors, property owners, members of the Santa Monica Farmers Market Litigation, and various individuals and corporations in business litigation cases involving partnership disputes, misappropriated assets and shareholder elections. In cases of reverse condemnation, Ms. Mendlin has represented many clients against various government entities such as Santa Clara County, Monterey County and Riverside County.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Business litigation
First Admitted: 1980, California
Professional Webpage: http://rmrlaw.com/partners/joyce-s-mendlin/
- Volunteer Mediator, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- California Court of Appeal, 1979
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Finalist for Consumer Attorneys of California ‘Lawyer of the Year’, 2008
- Super Lawyer, 2013
- "Applying the Inverse Condemnation Remedy to Water Damage", Los Angeles Lawyer, April 2015 (Co-Author with Roger M. Rosen), co author, 2015
- "Obtaining Recovery for Property Damage through Inverse Condemnation", Los Angeles Lawyer, January 2011 (Co-Author with Roger M. Rosen), 2011
- Co-Speaker with Roger M. Rosen for Beverly Hills Bar Association "Floods, Muds, Slides & Spills - Compensation for Property Damage through Inverse Condemnation:, Co-Speaker, 2015
Office location for Joyce S. Mendlin
528 Colorado Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90401 2408
- Super Lawyers: 2013, 2019 - 2023