Kate E. Gillespie
Top rated Family Law attorney in Santa Monica, CaliforniaThe Gillespie Law Firm Inc.
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in California since: 2003
Education: Loyola Law School Los Angeles
The Gillespie Law Firm Inc.401 Wilshire Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90401 Visit website
Attorney Kate E. Gillespie is the founder and owner of The Gillespie Law Firm in Los Angeles, California. A highly rated attorney with more than 19 years of legal experience. The Gillespie Law Firm focuses entirely on Family Law matters.
Serving clients throughout the Greater Los Angeles metro region and across Southern California, Ms. Gillespie works hard to balance the rights and best interests of those she represents.
For families going through legal separation, divorce or parentage issues, Ms. Gillespie provides the personalized, compassionate assistance and support they need to achieve the best possible outcome for their situations focusing on collaboration between the parties.
A 1997 graduate of the University of Oregon with a Bachelor of Science degree majoring in Psychology and minoring Business Administration, Ms. Gillespie attended Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. She obtained her Juris Doctor with honors in 2003, and the State Bar of California admitted her to practice that same year.
Fully committed to her practice, she is a member of several local, state and national associations, the Santa Monica Bar Association, the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, among others.
Dedicated to giving back to her community, Ms. Gillespie routinely volunteers for the Loyola Law School Center for Conflict Resolution and has volunteered for the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law and the Children's Law Center of California.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2003, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.tglfirm.com/attorney/gillespie-kate-e/
- Loyola Law School Center for Conflict Resolution
- Children’s Law Center of Los Angeles
- Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law
- Volunteer attorney at The Children's Law Center of Los Angeles, 2011
- Loyola Women's Law Association
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2008
- Women's Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2005
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Counsel to Southern California Edison, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2003
- California, 2003
- University of Oregon, Eugene, B.S., Psychology and Business Administration, 1997
- Author, Outsmarting the'Learned-Intermediary Doctrine' Defense, The Advocate, 2010
- Top Women Attorneys in Southern California’s Outstanding Young Lawyers, 2012
- Hon. William M. Byrne, Sr. Graduation Award for Trial Advocacy, Loyola Law School Los Angeles
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Recognized by Thomas Reuters’ Los Angeles Magazine publication in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Collaborative Divorce
- Family Law
Office location for Kate E. Gillespie
401 Wilshire Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2014