Michael J. Freiman
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Santa Monica, CaliforniaEmploy Legal
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Civil rights; view more
Licensed in California since: 2011
Education: University of Southern California Gould School of Law
Employ Legal100 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401 Visit website
An employee rights attorney at Employ Legal, Michael J. Freiman represents clients in Los Angeles, California. He handles matters of workplace harassment and discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, wage and hour violations, and wrongful termination. Admitted to practice in the state of California since 2011, he previously worked at a firm for corporate employment law defense and now represents employees from California in trial court.
Mr. Freiman graduated from the University of California, Berkeley with a Bachelor of Arts, and then obtained a Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law. While in law school, he clerked for several government agencies, including the Federal Trade Commission, the National Labor Relations Board and the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. He is passionate about representing the rights of the average worker in California.
One of Mr. Freiman’s largest cases was against a large corporate hospital: He won a jury verdict of $1 million for a worker who was fired for reporting workplace safety violations. He also won a unanimous jury verdict for a student worker at a large private university who reported overtime pay violations. The student was awarded $120,000 by the jury with Mr. Freiman’s help.
A passionate believer in justice and fairness, Mr. Freiman handles cases in both Los Angeles and Santa Monica. He helps employees in all industries and is happy to meet with anyone for a free consultation regarding their case. As a top-rated practicing attorney, Mr. Freiman aggressively protects the best interests of workers who have been unfairly discriminated against by their employer.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Civil rights
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Americans with disabilities act, Race discrimination
- 80% Employment & labor: employee
- 20% Civil rights
First Admitted: 2011, California
Professional Webpage: https://employlegal.com
- 2018-2022 SuperLawyers Rising Star, Rising Star, SuperLawyers
- Graduated from the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Trial Academy, which is a three month long intensive course teaching trial technique with instruction from Los Angeles' top plaintiff trial lawyers., 2016
- University of California Berkeley (B.A.)
- In April, 2017, Michael Freiman first chaired a month long jury trial in San Bernardino, CA where obtained a verdict for over $1,000,000 in favor of his client, who was wrongfully terminated from her job., 2017
- Member of Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) Member of California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) Member of Los Angeles County Bar Association (Labor & Employment Section), 2018
Office location for Michael J. Freiman
100 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023