Chad E. Weaver
Top rated Securities Litigation attorney in Seal Beach, CaliforniaFreeman Mathis & Gary, LLP
Practice Areas: Securities Litigation, Civil Litigation, Professional Liability
Licensed in California since: 1997
Education: University of San Diego School of Law
Chad Weaver is the office chair of Freeman Mathis & Gary’s Orange County office and practices in the downtown Los Angeles office. Mr. Weaver is a trial attorney with a focus on representing Financial Institutions and related service providers. He chairs the firm’s Financial Services practice section and also serves on the firm’s Executive Committee.
Mr. Weaver’s practice centers on disputes and regulatory matters before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, the California Department of Corporations and the California Department of Insurance. He has substantial experience representing securities broker dealers, registered representatives, investment advisors and insurance agents and brokers in an array of civil and regulatory disputes. Mr. Weaver has successfully litigated numerous disputes across the country involving complex financial products, including non-traded REITs, TICs, DSTs, annuities, real estate investment trusts, tenant in common, Delaware Statutory Trusts, structured products, leveraged and inverse ETFs, principal protected notes, hedge funds, private equity funds, limited partnerships and other alternative investments.
Mr. Weaver’s extensive financial and accounting knowledge is also invaluable in defending claims against other professionals in Professional Liability for breach of duty claims against accountants, mortgage brokers, and real estate professionals.
As part of his commercial litigation and D&O practice, Mr. Weaver regularly defends corporations, limited liability companies, and officers and directors of various legal entities in business disputes, including claims for unfair business practices, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets, interference with contractual relations, tortious interference with business relations, and breach of contract.
Mr. Weaver is a member of the State Bars of California and Florida, the Financial Services Institute (FSI), and the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA).
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.fmglaw.com/attorney_bio.php
- "Risk Reduction & Loss Prevention: Regulators’ Increased Focus on Cyber Security," CalSurance Associates publication, August 2014
- AIG Advisory Group; Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.; AXA Advisors, LLC; BrokersXpress; Cambridge Financial; Cetera Financial Group; Centaurus Financial; Crowell Weedon & Company; DeWaay Financial Network; FFP Securities, Inc.; FSC Securities Corp.; Fidelity Guarantee Life Insurance Company; First Allied Securities, Inc.; Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.; H.Beck Financial; IFG Network Securities, Inc.; Jackson National Life Insurance Company; Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company; National Planning Corporation; National Retirement Partners; National Securities Corporation; Pershing LLC; PlanMember Securities; Primevest Financial Services, Inc.; Raymond James Financial Services, Inc.; Royal Alliance Associates, Inc.; Securities America, Inc.; SII Investments, Inc.; Stifel, Nicolaus & Company; United Planners' Financial Services of America; Washington Square Securities, Inc.; Western Reserve Life Assurance Co.; Woodbury Financial Services, Inc.
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell – Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- Thomas v. Westlake, 204 Cal.App.4th 605 (2012), 2012
- Professional Lines Attorney Network; Financial Services Institute; SIFMA
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2012