Top rated family law attorney in Seal Beach, CaliforniaDockstader Orliczky
There is a good reason that Janet Dockstader has been widely recognized throughout the legal community as an outstanding attorney at Dockstader Orliczky. For years, she has compassionately guided clients through family law issues. Ms. Dockstader is a family law specialist, she holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell; she has an Avvo “Superb” rating; Sky Radio listed her as one of America’s Most Influential Women; and the Los Angeles Times listed her as a Los Angeles Women Leaders in the Law.
These accolades are merely a reflection of the hard work Ms. Dockstader does every day on the job. She puts in many hours to ensure her clients feel represented and comfortable with the direction in which their case is heading. As a skilled litigator, she has successfully taken many issues to trial. Ms. Dockstader is also trained in alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation and collaboration.
A strong educational and professional background has prepared Ms. Dockstader for her work with a wide selection of clients. She received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and graduated with a Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, in 2001. Ms. Dockstader is fluent in Spanish and has been certified as a family law specialist from The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Outside her work with clients, Ms. Dockstader serves as a mediator for people facing family law issues with the local court system. She holds memberships with the Long Beach Bar Association and the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Marital property
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2001, California
Professional Webpage: https://dockstaderlaw.com/attorneys/janet-e-dockstader/
- Long Beach Inn of Court
- Member, Long Beach Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles Bar Association
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Long Beach Bar Association, 2007-2008
- Family Law Mediator, Long Beach Court
- Named one of America's Most Influential Women by Sky Radio
- Southern California Rising Star, Los Angeles Magazine, 2012
- Featured in the Los Angeles Times "Los Angeles Women Leaders in the Law" in 2010 and 2011
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Southern California Super Lawyer
- Monterey Institute of International Studies, Spanish
- University of California, at Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science with an emphasis on International Studies
- Co-Presenter, Collaborative Divorce, Long Beach Bar Association, 2010
- Ms. Dockstader was a panel speaker on May 8, 2019 at the Financial Planning Association (FPA) on Death and Divorce in La Jolla, Calif. Ms. Dockstader was a panel speaker on September 17, 2019 for the Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts speaking on Death and Divorce: When Bad Goes to Worse, speaker, Death and Divorce, Financial Planners, 2019
- Speaker, Handling Ethical Issues in Family Law, 2014
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, 2014
- Certified to participate in Collaborative Dissolutions, 2010
- Long Beach Bar
- Los Angeles Bar
- Orange County Bar
Office location for Janet Dockstader
3020 Old Ranch Parkway
Seal Beach, CA 90740
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2005, 2012
Certificates and credentials