Top rated real estate attorney in Torrance, CaliforniaEzer Williamson Law, A Professional Corporation
Richard Williamson is a founder of Ezer Williamson Law, A Professional Corporation, in Torrance, California. Mr. Williamson practices in the areas of business, commercial, construction, and real estate litigation. He has experience with matters involving business transactions, partnership disputes, real estate transactions, shareholder rights and other business, commercial and construction litigation. He serves clients throughout the Southern California.
Mr. Williamson has more than 35 years of experience and is admitted to practice in all California state and federal courts as well as before the U.S. District Courts, 9th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Before founding Ezer Williamson Law, he spent more than 21 years as a co-founding partner of Ezer & Williamson LLP.
In addition to his litigation experience, Mr. Williamson has been an arbitrator for the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the Los Angeles Superior Court. He also previously served on the executive committee for the American Jewish University’s Moriah Society and belonged to the California Association of Realtors and the National Association of Realtors.
Outside of the office, Mr. Williamson contributes to the legal community in a variety of ways. He has lectured to groups including real estate associations, brokerage firms and investment groups, and is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the South Bay Bar Association, the State Bar of California, and the Hon. Benjamin Aranda III American Inn of Court. Mr. Williamson serves as a Member of the Executive committee for the Los Angeles County Bar, Solo and Small Firm Section, and additionally serves as a Member of the Board for the Alumni Association for McGeorge School of Law.
Mr. Williamson has earned an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale Hubbell. He received a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Arizona State University and earned his law degree from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Business litigation, Construction litigation: business
- 50% Real estate: business
- 40% Business litigation
- 10% Construction litigation: business
First Admitted: 1985, California
Professional Webpage: http://ezerwilliamsonlaw.com/attorney-profiles/richard-e-wil...
- Typical client is a real estate investor, small to medium size business or individual.
- Redondo Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science, Marketing, 1981, 1981
- AV Rated - Martindale Hubbell, 2010
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, May 14, 2018., Admitted, U.S. Supreme Court, 2018
- Program Title: Admitting and Enforcing Agreements in Mediation: Ethical and Practical Considerations for Real Estate Transactional and Litigation Attorneys., Moderator, CLE, Real Property Section, 2014
- Spoke on New California Rules of Professional Conduct to members of the LACBA., Speaker, LACBA, New California Rules of Professional Conduct , 2019
- LACBA, Member of Executive Committee, Small Firm and Sole Practitioner Section, 2021
- Advisor, South Bay Jewish Law Forum, 2020
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California, 2021
- Member, Business Law, State Bar of California, 2021
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Arbitrator
- State Bar of California, 1985
- Moriah Society Real Estate Council, University of Judaism, Member of the Executive Committee
- Benjamin J. Aranda III American Inns of Court, 2014 - Present, 2021
- United States District Court - Central, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of California
- Member, Litigation Section, State Bar of California
- Hon. Benjamin Aranda III Inn of Court
- California Association of Realtors, Member
- Committee Member, General Real Estate Subsection of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2015 - Present
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Member, Real Property Law, State Bar of California
- South Bay Bar Association, 2021
- National Association of Realtors, Member
- Member of the Alumni Board of Directors, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2015 - Present, 2021
- Representation of client, as plaintiff, in dispute with father, and following death of father, father's sister as trustee of father's trust, arising from ownership of family residence to which title was held in joint tenancy between son and father. Father terminated joint tenancy, in violation of agreement with client/son. Litigation followed. Settlement reached after commencement of trial pursuant to which client purchased interest of the father's trust in the family residence, thereby maintaining the residence and meeting client's litigation goal. , 2019
- Representation of commercial landlord in negotiation and preparation of lease with chain convenience store., 2020
- The majority of Mr. Williamson's transactional work is in connection with the resolution of a dispute in litigation, or in avoidance of litigation. The following are two recent examples, one a transactional matter that was otherwise headed to litigation at a significant cost to client, and the second resolved after litigation was initiated: [2016-2017] Client (represented by Mr. Williamson) and Partner had, over the years, undertaken together numerous business ventures in the areas of real property acquisition, real property management, real property repair and maintenance, and construction through various relationships, ventures and entities. Disputes arose between Client and Partner as to, on the one hand, Client's entitlement to recover from Partner monies based on sums drawn by Partner in excess of Client from various ventures, and on the other hand, Partner's claim of entitlement to an ongoing interest in and commissions from various ventures with Client. The sensible solution, and desire of the parties was to disentangle their businesses, their business operations, and various jointly owned entities and resolve, settle, and release those claims that exist between them, involving four joint ventures, three limited liability companies, and two corporations. The transaction involved (1) disclaimers and releases of interest in the four joint ventures, (2) transfers and assignments of membership interests in the three limited liability companies vis-a-vis separate membership interest purchase agreements, and for one entity a Contribution Agreement to transfer and contribute interests in real property to the LLC , (3) transfer and assignment of stock in one corporate entity and release and disclaimer of interest in another corporate entity, and (4) transfers and assignments of rights to computer equipment, telephone and fax numbers, use of business name, and intellectual property. , 2016
- Representation of Shareholder of small company, owning 50%, in dispute with Shareholder owning 25%, leading to settlement pursuant to which Client succeeded in securing closure of business, liquidation of assets, and now in process of dissolving corporation, with a full settlement of all disputes, while avoiding costly litigation. , 2021
- 2019-2020: Representation of commercial landlord against claim of tenant to oral right of first refusal to purchase property , 2020
- Ninety Nine Investments, Ltd. V. Overseas Courier Service (Singapore) Private, Ltd., 113 Cal. App. 4th 1118, 6 Cal. Rptr. 3d 891 (2003)
- CA State Bar
- Real Property Section
Office location for Richard Williamson
21515 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023