Top rated employment litigation attorney in Torrance, CaliforniaBhatia Law Firm, PC
Sunjay Bhatia is the founder and principal attorney at the Bhatia Law Firm, P.C., located in Torrance, California. He focuses his practice on employment law, personal injury, and business litigation matters, including commercial real estate transactions and disputes, business fraud, unfair competition, breach of contract, premises liability, and shareholder and partnership disputes, to name a few.
Mr. Bhatia is passionate about helping entrepreneurs, individuals and small-business owners with their business-related needs and provides sound and knowledgeable counsel to them. He serves as a fierce advocate for those who have experienced harassment and discrimination in the workplace and also for those who are harmed due to another party’s negligence. He goes the extra mile for his clients and helps them navigate each stage in the legal process.
Graduating from the University of California, Mr. Bhatia received his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science, specializing in international relations. He went on to study law at the American University’s Washington College of Law and obtained his Juris Doctor in 2014.
While in law school, Mr. Bhatia served as a legislative intern at the U.S. House of Representatives, a law clerk at the Los Angeles City Attorney's office in the Criminal Division, and a certified law clerk at the California Department of Justice’s office of the Attorney General - Civil Division. He also externed at the U.S. Department of Labor.
Recognized for his exemplary work in the legal field, Mr. Bhatia has been included in the list of the Top 40 Under 40 list by The National Trial Lawyers and has received a “Very Good” rating on Avvo. He is licensed to practice in California and before the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California and the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California. He is also admitted to practice in New York, Texas, and Washington, D.C.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Business litigation, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Personal injury - plaintiff, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 40% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 40% Business litigation
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2015, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bhatiafirm.com/attorney/bhatia-sunjay-esq/
- American University, Washington College of Law, 2014
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, B.A., Major: Political Science with specialization in International Relations , 2011
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 2021
- State Bar of New York, 2022
- State Bar of Texas, 2022
- State Bar of California , 2015
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- $160,000 Settlement on behalf of a pharmaceutical salesperson for wrongful termination and sexual harrasment., 2022
- $275,000- Private Attorney General Act ("PAGA") on behalf of aggrieved employees for meal and rest break violations. $35,000- Wrongful Termination Settlement , 2020
Office location for Sunjay Bhatia
3620 Pacific Coast Highway
Torrance, CA 90505
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023