Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Valencia, CaliforniaOwen, Patterson & Owen LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Products Liability; view more
Licensed in California since: 1982
Education: Southwestern Law School
Owen, Patterson & Owen LLP23822 West Valencia Boulevard
Valencia, CA 91355 Visit website
Attorney Gregory Owen is senior partner with Owen Patterson & Owen law firm, which has five office locations across California. A nationally ranked trial attorney with more than 38 years of legal experience, Mr. Owen provides unmatched representation and support to clients throughout the state who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones due to motor vehicle accidents, defective products, aviation accidents, medical malpractice, or dangerous and defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Owen has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients, including a landmark settlement of $35 million for a child who suffered brain damage. He has also handled numerous multidistrict litigations on classes of consumers harmed by dangerous pharmaceuticals, including MDL litigation against Merck & Co and its drug Vioxx, where he was able to secure a settlement of more than $4.85 billion.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Owen has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as a Top 100 Trial Lawyers designation from The National Trial Lawyers. In addition, Valley Magazine voted him among the Top 25 lawyers in the region, and Lawdragon has named him as one of the 3000 leading lawyers in the United States.
A 1977 graduate of California State University, Dominguez Hills, Mr. Owen obtained his Juris Doctor from Southwestern Law School in 1981. He is an active member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and The State Bar of California as well as the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the American Board of Trial Advocates, the California Trial Lawyers Association and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, among his other professional affiliations.
Outside his legal practice, Mr. Owen has served as board member and pro bono legal counsel to The Williams S. Hart Boy and Girls Pony League for the past 27 years, and he established the Franklin Scholarship Foundation to help students in East Los Angeles obtain a college education. He is also highly active in other educational, civic and charitable organizations in his community.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Pharmaceutical, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1982, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.opolaw.com/greg-owen/
- Top 100 Verdicts of 2013: Gomez v. Aguirre $25 Million verdict: Reversing vehicle struck child, causing multiple fractures, Top 100 Verdicts of 2013, Verdict Search
- California's $1 Million Dollar Verdicts, California's $1 Million Dollar Verdicts, The Reporter
- Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 4000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members., Million Dollar Advocates Forum & Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum
- Trial Lawyer of the Year Nominee: With nearly 2,800 members, CAALA is the nation’s largest local association of plaintiffs' attorneys representing a powerful advocacy for victims’ rights and equal access to justice. The association’s consumer attorneys protect people from unsafe products, unsafe medicine, unfair business practices and unscrupulous, negligent corporate conduct, subscribing to the highest standards of quality legal representation and ethical conduct., Trial Lawyer of the Year Nominee, Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Top 10 Plaintiff's Verdicts of 2013: Gomez v. Aguirre $25 Million Verdict - Reversing vehicle struck child causing multiple fractures., Top 10 Plaintiff's Verdicts of 2013, Daily Journal
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state in the nation who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense trial lawyers. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile., Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- The Martindale-Hubbell® RATINGS Peer Review Ratings™ are an objective indicator of a lawyer's high ethical standards and professional ability. Attorneys receive a Peer Review Ratings™ based on evaluations by other members of the bar and the judiciary in the United States and Canada. AV Preeminent (4.5-5.0) - AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment- a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence., 5.0 "AV" Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, Martindale-Hubbell
- Franklin Scholarship Foundation
- Board of Directors and acted as Pro Bono legal counsel to The Williams S. Hart Boy and Girls Pony League
- Los Angeles County Bar Association; State Bar of California; California Trial Lawyers Association; The Association of Trial Lawyers of America; Consumer Attorneys Association of America (Member, Board of Governors); Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA); Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), PAAC committees, been appointed to the Board of Governors by the President, American Association for Justice
- Haims v. AMF
- $4.85 Billion Settlement: Vioxx (2007) Owen, Patterson & Owen uncovered the deceptive and dangerous practices by Merck pharmaceuticals and filed the first complaint on July 23, 2001. OPO represented hundreds of Vioxx victims throughout the country. $68 Million Settlement: In Re Rezulin Cases (2004) Against major pharmaceutical manufacturer Pfizer. Owen, Patterson & Owen represented hundreds of patients who were injured by this defective drug. $14.25 Million Verdict: Haims v. American Machine & Foundry, Inc. (1985) College gymnast rendered quadriplegic due to defective mini trampoline and foam pit. $25 Million Verdict: Humeston v. Merck (2007) Ex-marine suffered heart attack caused by defective drug, Vioxx. Owen, Patterson & Owen served as co-counsel. $6.3 Million Verdict: Moore v. Brother's Market (1992) Security guard struck 21-year-old store patron with handgun which discharged and resulted in paraplegia. $30 Million Global Settlement: Miramonte Child Sexual Abuse (2013) Children abused by teacher. $25 Million Jury Verdict:Gomez Hit & Run (2013) Small child run over by drunk driver. $3.2 Million Jury Verdict: Herron v. Nederlander Greek, Inc. (2011) Slip and Fall. $12.5 Million Jury Verdict: Schwartz v. Oakdale Heights (2010). $30 Million Global Settlement: Aiello Metrolink Train Crash (2009). $35 Million Dollar Settlement: Triana v. Vons Small child crushed by falling light pole in parking lot.
- California State University, Dominguez Hills, B.A., 1977
Office location for Gregory Owen
23822 West Valencia Boulevard
Valencia, CA 91355
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2008, 2015 - 2020, 2022 - 2023