Susan A. Owen
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Valencia, CaliforniaOwen, Patterson & Owen LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury
Licensed in California since: 1989
Attorney Susan A. Owen is managing partner of Owen Patterson & Owen law firm, which has a law office in Valencia, California, and four others throughout the greater Los Angeles metro region. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 30 years of total legal experience, Ms. Owen provides exceptional advocacy and support to clients throughout the area who have suffered serious injuries or lost loved ones due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
For nearly 25 years now, Ms. Owen has focused exclusively on representing innocent injury victims and their families, and she has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, defective drugs, medical malpractice, sexual abuse, dog bites, unsafe property conditions and more.
The mother of six children, she has a particular passion for representing the families of children victimized by abuse, dog attacks, bullying and other acts of wrongdoing. She has also handled numerous claims of sexual harassment and gender discrimination on behalf of women in the workplace as well as for female inmates who have suffered sexual abuse at the hands of their corrections officers.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Owen has earned a Top 100 Trial Lawyer designation from The National Trial Lawyers along with many other consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers. She has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients, and she finds great reward in being able to help so many make their lives whole again following a horrible tragedy.
A 1986 cum laude graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, Ms. Owen obtained her Juris Doctor in 1989 from Hastings College of the Law, where she served as author for the Hastings International and Comparative Law Review. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and the California Supreme Court, and she is an active member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and The State Bar of California, among her other professional affiliations.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1989, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.opolaw.com/susan-owen/
- $4.85 Billion Settlement: Vioxx (2007) Owen, Patterson & Owen uncovered the deceptive and dangerous practices by Merck pharmaceuticals and filed the first complaint on July 23, 2001. OPO represented hundreds of Vioxx victims throughout the country. $68 Million Settlement: In Re Rezulin Cases (2004) Against major pharmaceutical manufacturer Pfizer. Owen, Patterson & Owen represented hundreds of patients who were injured by this defective drug. $14.25 Million Verdict: Haims v. American Machine & Foundry, Inc. (1985) College gymnast rendered quadriplegic due to defective mini trampoline and foam pit. $25 Million Verdict: Humeston v. Merck (2007) Ex-marine suffered heart attack caused by defective drug, Vioxx. Owen, Patterson & Owen served as co-counsel. $6.3 Million Verdict: Moore v. Brother's Market (1992) Security guard struck 21-year-old store patron with handgun which discharged and resulted in paraplegia. $30 Million Global Settlement: Miramonte Child Sexual Abuse (2013) Children abused by teacher. $25 Million Jury Verdict:Gomez Hit & Run (2013) Small child run over by drunk driver. $3.2 Million Jury Verdict: Herron v. Nederlander Greek, Inc. (2011) Slip and Fall. $12.5 Million Jury Verdict: Schwartz v. Oakdale Heights (2010). $30 Million Global Settlement: Aiello Metrolink Train Crash (2009). $35 Million Dollar Settlement: Triana v. Vons Small child crushed by falling light pole in parking lot. $1.1 Billion Dollar Settlement: University of Southern California sex abuse case. $800 Million Settlement: Route 91 Shooting in Las Vegas. $1.8 Billion Settlement: Porter Ranch Gas Leak.
- Member, National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- Los Angeles County Bar Association; State Bar of California.
- 2013 Southern California Super Lawyer
- California's $1 Million Dollar Verdicts, California's $1 Million Dollar Verdicts, The Reporter
- Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 4000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members., Million Dollar Advocated Forum & Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 100 Verdicts of 2013: Gomez v. Aguirre $25 Million Verdict - Reversing vehicle struck child, causing multiple fractures., Top 100 Verdicts of 2013, Verdict Search
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state in the nation who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense trial lawyers. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile. The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 is an essential source of information, education and networking for accredited trial lawyers throughout America. Through unique and professional networking opportunities, information and CLE programs, we continually strive to give our members a competitive edge in today’s legal profession. It is the mission of The National Trial Lawyers to provide networking opportunities, advocacy training, and the highest quality educational programs for the nation’s leading trial lawyers. Each of our distinguished Top 100 members possesses the knowledge, skill, experience and success held by only the finest and best lawyers in America. By combining resources, power, and influence, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 is devoted to preserving and protecting justice for all., Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 10 Plaintiff's Verdicts of 2013: Gomez v. Aguirre $25 Million Verdict - Reversing vehicle struck child causing multiple fractures., Top 10 Plaintiff's Verdicts of 2013, The Daily Journal
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., 1986
Office location for Susan A. Owen
23822 West Valencia Boulevard
Valencia, CA 91355
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2013, 2015